Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

Bought some ORICO card an "ORICO PFU3-2O2I 4-Port USB3.0" for my Hackintosh since the onboard NEC/Renesas controller of the Sandy Bridge machine caused some problems since Mountain Lion like not recognizing recently connected devices, sleep issues and stuff like that - it was just a pain in the ass..

With the new card (contains Fresco FL1100) everything works fine in 10.8.2 - no sleep issues, and fast datarates. However.. for some reason the datarate for front USB is lower - maybe 40MB/s t.d.m.

Article: OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

Bought some ORICO card an "ORICO PFU3-2O2I 4-Port USB3.0" for my Hackintosh since the onboard NEC/Renesas controller of the Sandy Bridge machine caused some problems since Mountain Lion like not recognizing recently connected devices, sleep issues and stuff like that - it was just a pain in the ass..

With the new card (contains Fresco FL1100) everything works fine in 10.8.2 - no sleep issues, and fast datarates. However.. for some reason the datarate for front USB is lower - maybe 40MB/s t.d.m.

Indeed, although, very first time right after install - it would not recognize any device connected to any port, yet it is listed in system info->Hardware->USB as USB 3.0 High-Speed Bus. Once you re-boot second time - it just works flawlessly ;-) with usb 3.0 and usb 2.0 devices. Most importantly, my Apple BT dongle is very happy when connected to this adapter port. I used to get bunch of USB split errors or USB bus lockups (dependig on what MB port it is connected to) on wake in console, but now - it is completely mom and all BT gears work, so are other legacy USB devices connected to MB USB ports.

I have been trying that one (ORICO PFU3-201I Fresco FL1100 Chip) on my Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, it does work, and machione gies to sleep as well, but only the machine wakes up, monitor stays dark. Can only be solved with a new boot. Have been trying with sleepenabler.kext and not, eject disk prior sleep and not. Sleep not working and I prefer my machine to go to sleep rather than boot new all the time.
Took card out, sleep and wake-up works ok again

Any idea ?

regards Manfredo

Usb 3.0 works on my GA-H61N-USB3 but read/write is slow @ <=50 mb/s using a Seagate 3.0 HD cable and an WD Scorpio 120 GB 2.5 in HD. The additional port is still welcomed and slightly faster than the 2.0 ports test at.

I hope this post is still active because i really need help.

i recently purchased the Orico PFU3-P2 from http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1DS0DV6262.

I used to have the file PXHCD.kext for my other USB 3 card which doesn't work well. I followed one of the above instructions, I deleted the .kext from S/L/E then used as suggested kext beast to rebuild cache but when i run it, it seems like it's installing an app or kext but doesn't say anything about rebuilding cache so I used Kext Utility. It said that it rebuild cache so I turned pc down and install the Orico controller card. turn on PC but i don't see any SuperSpeed USB in my System Profile??? I even plugged in the power molex. Ironically Windows 8 recognized the controller card so I know that it's working and not faulty.

I am running ML 10.8.2. Does it matter which speed of PCI-e it's plugged into? which kexts I should have or not have? motherboard dependant? if anyone is interested, this is my mobo http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01324212. Maybe I did not rebuild cache properly, how should I rebuild?

can anyone please help me??? I don't want to go back to Windows just to be able to use this card. :)

Thanx.

P.S. while doing some readings, this file AppleUSBXHCI kext keeps popping up in forums. I cannot find that file in S/L/E nor is it in S\L\E\IOUSBFamily.kext\Contents\PlugIns. Do I need that file and where can I find it?

kate

I have built two sandy bridge hacks (an H61 and X79) and never had any issues with USB obo until now. For some reason none of my USB3.0 peripherals are being recognized anymore. This with my gigabyte X79 UD3. Not sure what I am missing here. Attached to see the USB kexts and screenshot of USB area of about my mac:

Attachments

• USB information.zip
    88 KB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back