Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
my integrate audio don't work after update,but system boot with fakesmc---

i try with alc88/889 with ahd without dsdt but nothing...all worked fine before update.

ga z68xp ud3p

can some helpe me pleasE?

thanx you

p.s. i don't use combo update

edit

all ok when i deleted the alc888 kext in extensions folder and repair permission!

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with Intel i3 2125 & HD 3000

Success

Installed from Combo Update (Went fine - no errors)
Ran MultiBeast to reinstall ALC889 (no DSDT). I am not sure if this was needed.

Reboot and 10.8.2

Hi,

10.8.2 update on GA Z68MA but no sound. I reinstalled HDa from with DSDT multibeast but nothing. You can help me?
thankyou

Hi,

I updates to 10.8.2 via combo updater, but couldn't boot past the gray startup screen, because of OemSMBIOS.kext. After replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the old one from a previous post in this thread, my system booted without any problems.

Now, as I really don't like having legacy kexts on my system, I tried out various methods to allow me to keep the vanilla 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext. The solution was quite easy and had a great benefit to it. I installed Kozleks branch of FakeSMC + optional Kexts for sensors: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

Not only can I now boot with the original 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext, without having OemSMBIOS.kext throwing an error, but I also get much more information from my hardware sensors opposed to the original FlakeSMC-Plugins from Multibeast. Furthermore a serial number is generated for my machine (so no problems with iCloud and Appstore) and VT-d can stay enabled in BIOS! This kexts should find their way into the next Multibeast update.

Using the kexts from Kozlek was a win-win for me :) Please only try at your own risk and backup your system before trying this. This worked great for me, but could kill your installation.

This is great ! but sadly it did not work out for me :(

Upgrade OK using App Store. Had to run trim enabler and reinstall audio & sleepenabler kexts

This is great ! but sadly it did not work out for me :(

Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. Did you use "Kext Utility" to install the kexts and rebuild caches? I'm running on a DSDT-Installation.
What error are you getting?

Hi,

I updates to 10.8.2 via combo updater, but couldn't boot past the gray startup screen, because of OemSMBIOS.kext. After replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the old one from a previous post in this thread, my system booted without any problems.

Now, as I really don't like having legacy kexts on my system, I tried out various methods to allow me to keep the vanilla 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext. The solution was quite easy and had a great benefit to it. I installed Kozleks branch of FakeSMC + optional Kexts for sensors: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

Not only can I now boot with the original 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext, without having OemSMBIOS.kext throwing an error, but I also get much more information from my hardware sensors opposed to the original FlakeSMC-Plugins from Multibeast. Furthermore a serial number is generated for my machine (so no problems with iCloud and Appstore) and VT-d can stay enabled in BIOS! This kexts should find their way into the next Multibeast update.

Using the kexts from Kozlek was a win-win for me :) Please only try at your own risk and backup your system before trying this. This worked great for me, but could kill your installation.

I installed, from de installer included in the git distribution, but the only way I found to boot 10.8.2, was disabling VT-D, in bios setup. Did you do something special, any customization or tweak to make VT-D works again ? Thanks!

Working for me on P5W DH Deluxe with 5670 Graphics (no DSDT). Ran Combo Update, then had to reinstall ALC882 sound and re-run Trim Enabler for the SSD.

I installed, from de installer included in the git distribution, but the only way I found to boot 10.8.2, was disabling VT-D, in bios setup. Did you do something special, any customization or tweak to make VT-D works again ? Thanks!

I didn't use the installer provided by the package. I used Kext Utility (http://cvad-mac.narod2.ru/Kext_Utility) which also repairs permissions and rebuilds your caches after installing a kext. First of all I reinstalled the vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.8.2 by pulling the file onto Kext Utility window and waited for the tool to finish its magic. After that I installed the kexts from the binaries folder of the ZIP-File the same way.

- ACPISensors.kext
- CPUSensors.kext
- FakeSMC.kext
- GPUSensors.kext
- MotherboardSensors.kext

Now everything works perfect, even with VT-d enabled. As I said I'm using a DSDT-Installation. If you use a DSDT-free Installation, there may be a different solution.

Successful update using built in updater. Config:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Core i7 3770k
16GB DDR3 G-Skill Sniper 1866MHZ
GTX 560Ti AMP! 1GB
4X2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD RAID 10 Configuration
Tp-Link WDN 4800 Wifi PCI Express Card

Reconfirming this, update directly, nothing to do after. I made a backup and gave it a try and it just works! :O)
Z77X-UD5H
i7-3770k
16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
ATI Radeon 4870 (OOB)
Corsair SSD CSSD-F60GB2
Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS 7200RPM HDD
Onboard Intel NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back