Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 15-ab522tx
CPU
i5-6200U Skylake
Graphics
HD 520 + NVidia 940M
I have installed OS X 10.9 on my latitude E6400. Everything including ethernet and sound are working, except wifi.

I have BCM4312, so I used did various things including copying and AirPortBrcm4311.kext into the original IO80211Family.kext (and applying chmod +x), replacing IO80211Family.kext with my working Lion kext (I could never update to Mountain Lion and gave up). Replacing IONetworkingFamily.kext. After these procedures, the wifi does show up but I always get "Connection failed". I noticed that that the wifi connects only when there is no WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal key. But I cannot disable wifi security key in my network for security reasons.

Could anybody tell me what the problem could be?

I have installed OS X 10.9 on my latitude E6400. Everything including ethernet and sound are working, except wifi.

I have BCM4312, so I used did various things including copying and AirPortBrcm4311.kext into the original IO80211Family.kext (and applying chmod +x), replacing IO80211Family.kext with my working Lion kext (I could never update to Mountain Lion and gave up). Replacing IONetworkingFamily.kext. After these procedures, the wifi does show up but I always get "Connection failed". I noticed that that the wifi connects only when there is no WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal key. But I cannot disable wifi security key in my network for security reasons.

Could anybody tell me what the problem could be?

I have the exact same problem....

Any luck? I have same issue with a lenovo b570. Everything is working. Can even connect to my wifi when unsecured. But when I secure it I get the issue!

Any luck? I have same issue with a lenovo b570. Everything is working. Can even connect to my wifi when unsecured. But when I secure it I get the issue!

Maybe it is because you replaced the stock IO80211Family.kext (which is never necessary)?

I did replace that kext. I think that's the only reason the hardware shows up. I also added the realtek82...kext (forget name). Can I find the original on my unibeast usb?

With out those Kexts the wifi doesn't show up, even tho my dsdt should have made it work apparently. How can I get the original 10.9 io80211family kext?

With out those Kexts the wifi doesn't show up, even tho my dsdt should have made it work apparently.

Then you did the DSDT edits incorrectly. For novices, it is best to use an injector kext instead of DSDT edits.

How can I get the original 10.9 io80211family kext?

You will find it on your Unibeast USB in /System/Library/Extensions, assuming your USB is the same version as you have installed. Otherwise, do a fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back