Contribute
Register

OSX 10.15 Catalina - Random Freezing Issue [UNSOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found a method that has worked for 3 hours now. I had to download Jiggler and set this to move the mouse about every 30 seconds. It's set to start up on boot, and no conditions to trigger or prevent action. Not ideal, but the constant freezing makes the machine unusable.

Actually setting shikigva=16 in boot section of clover config solved it for me

Same exact thing happpening to me. When it freezes it actually locks down my whole home network killing the internet. As soon as I unplug the Ethernet port everything comes back. I didn’t experience this issue one bit .0 or .2. Both .1 and now .3 its back with a vengeance.

Issue not fixed *bump*

Any news to solve this freezes ?

I have found a method that has worked for 3 hours now. I had to download Jiggler and set this to move the mouse about every 30 seconds. It's set to start up on boot, and no conditions to trigger or prevent action. Not ideal, but the constant freezing makes the machine unusable.
I have tested using Jiggler now for a little over a week. As long as it is running, I never have a freeze like I was having. As soon as I turn it off it may make it a minute or maybe couple of hours but it will freeze.

I have tested using Jiggler now for a little over a week. As long as it is running, I never have a freeze like I was having. As soon as I turn it off it may make it a minute or maybe couple of hours but it will freeze.

Try deleting the following from your config.plist:
Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 7.59.13 PM.png

Also, you can try getting NVRAM working so you don't have to rely on emulated NVRAM. That can only help.

Its silly but i solved this problem by disconecting the DVD drive. No freezes for a hole day of work.
After reboot got report with IOServicePM problem. So guys from insanelymac suggest me to unplug all devices. And now im happy as fu...;)

Last edited:
For people who are still interested, I have been months at battle trying to fix this issue. I came across a quick fix, which usually works.

I removed all boot flags before I boot into Catalina, and it seems to work. It is never good to have any unnecessary boot args, or kexts on a hackintosh as they can cause issues.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back