Contribute
Register

Photos problems after installing OpenCore Legacy Patcher/1.0.1 on iMac 13,1 (late 2012)

Motherboard
2012 iMac 13,1 late 2012
CPU
Intel > Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
> Need model name or version number > See Forum Rules!
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I’m having an issue with the Photos app after installing Sonoma on late 2012 IMac that is running using OpenCore Legacy Patcher. Everything else seems to be working great except the Photos app. I am having the following problems:

1. “All Photos” side menu item doesn’t appear
2. When I double-click any photo it riefly shows in full screen mode (for a fraction of a second) and then shows a blank screen. This happens for every photo.

Which version of macOS are you running on your iMac13,1 (late 2012) system?

Have you upgraded the graphics in your iMac to one that supports Metal, if yes which dGPU are you using?

Completing your User Profile would be helpful, as we would then know what system you need help with.

I am running Sonoma. It is a late 2012 iMac where I upgraded the memory to 32G and put in an SSD drive. Everything else is stock. I don’t know how to find which CPU and which graphics card it has. I have installed OpenCore patcher 1.0.1 with all the driver updates it deemed necessary.

Open ‘About this Mac‘ from the Apple Menu bar, that should list your CPU & GPU models.

Any news about this. I'm having this exact problem on an iMac 12,2 Mid-2011. I installed Ventura 13.6.3 on it with OpenCore Legacy Patcher. Is this something that has a fix/workaround yet?

Have you upgraded the graphics in your iMac to one that supports Metal, if yes which dGPU are you using?
Mine is running the stock GPU (see my profile).

Last edited:
@adamm have thought about upgrading the graphics card in your iMac 2011?

Seethis link to a guide over at MacRumors, which I have successfully used in my iMac 2010.

Back