Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Please help me start iGPU (Intel HD Graphics 530) and audio.

From the HDMI connector/cable too?

My motherboard doesn’t have HDMI connector.
only HDMI / DP or DVI is supported

some peeps have had some success with VGA but very few have and it is very hit and miss

The rear I/O plate for the Asus H110M-C/PS shows three display connectors - HDMI, VGA and DVI, as shown below.
Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 20.31.32.png
This is the rear I/O plate from the Motherboard in your User Profile.

Is this the motherboard you are using?

The rear I/O plate for the Asus H110M-C/PS shows three display connectors - HDMI, VGA and DVI, as shown below.
View attachment 579531
This is the rear I/O plate from the Motherboard in your User Profile.

Is this the motherboard you are using?

Attachments

• IMG_3777.jpeg
    IMG_3777.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3778.jpeg
    IMG_3778.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
So apparently the H110M-C is not the same as the H110M-C/PS. The H110M-C does not have a HDMI port, only DVI and VGA at the back.

Since your monitor only has HDMI, the only way you can get a video signal without using VGA is to use either
(1) a DVI to HDMI adapter (below) plus a HDMI cable
61DTOd1no0L._AC_UY218_.jpg

or (2) a DVI to HDMI cable, like this :
hddvimm150cm.main.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, that makes more sense now.

There will be no way to pass HDMI audio through that adapter or adapter cable. You would need to use a separate audio cable from the Green coloured audio jack on the rear I/O plate to the monitors audio in Jack.

Audio doesn't use separate pins in HDMI. HDMI/DVI adapters are passive and bidirectional. I believe DVI from Skylake iGPU is basically just HDMI and does include audio. Maybe the motherboard manufacturer used a DVI connector so they don't have to pay an HDMI license?

This is the standard answer to the question ‘does DVI to HDMI cable carry sound?’

DVI supports video signals only; it does not support audio. Since the DVI jack on the connected device does not output audio, the HDMI connection on the TV or PC monitor is not receiving any sound.

Simple, concise and factual, no miss information.

This is the standard answer to the question ‘does DVI to HDMI cable carry sound?’

DVI supports video signals only; it does not support audio. Since the DVI jack on the connected device does not output audio, the HDMI connection on the TV or PC monitor is not receiving any sound.

Simple, concise and factual, no miss information.
The DVI port of my GIGABYTE Z170N-Gaming 5 supports audio and 340 MHz single link (4K30). It has an i5-6500 CPU. I tested it in Windows 10 now. It say Intel Display Audio which is output to my HDMI connected display using a DVI to HDMI adapter.

The Nvidia GTX 1070 also has a DVI port that supports audio and 340 MHz. Also tested in Windows 10.

Back