Contribute
Register

Post Big Sur install on GA-Z77X-UD5H using Golden Build EFI, need audio and ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Plus
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've successfully used Robbish's OC v0.7.6 EFI to install Big Sur on my similar build.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-3570k-hd-4000-opencore-macos-big-sur.311037/

I'm having trouble getting audio and ethernet working - presumably because of differences in the build of course. I could use some help with tweaking the OC EFI for the few things I need working - ethernet, audio and mapping USB ports.

My setup is much simpler.

GA-Z77X-UD5H rev 1.0

Intel i5-3570K (Ivy Bridge) 3.4 GHz 4-Core Processor CPU

Motherboard audio is

1 x Realtek ALC898 codec

Motherboard ethernet is
1 x Atheros GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN1)
1 x Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN2)

Graphics
1 x ASUS Radeon RX 560 - Big Sur sees and is using the graphics card! :)

No wifi or bluetooth

Attachments

• RobbishOC76_EFI.zip
    13.7 MB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Expand the Quote for the additional kext that you need for your ethernet
Hi @pirca ,
have a good read through my old Z77-DS3H build based on OpenCore, that guide will show you how to create your EFI for your setup providing that you use the below which are specific to your GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard;

Atheros (LAN1)
Use AtherosE2200Ethernet

Intel (LAN2)
Use IntelMausi kext

Realtek ALC898 codec
layouts; 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 65, 66, 98, 99, 101

Example, add the following to your boot argument to test any of the above audio layouts e.g, alcid=11

You also need to ;
  • Remove my SSDT-PM.aml and create your own using my guide
  • Remove my USBPorts.kext and create your own using my guide

You also need to ;
Excellent, thank you for the direction.

You also need to ;
Success with dropping in kexts for ethernet.
Success with creating USBPorts.kext

Creating a new SSDT-PM.aml I continue to fiddle with. I think the link in the terminal command is not working to download the ssdtPRGen.zip. If I download it myself and place it on the first level of the Home directory, can I continue from that point on?

Audio is a trickier bit due to the number of numbers needed to go through, hit and miss of course. Question, can I alter these numbers more simply than hexidecimal in proper tree? Perhaps going through the two digit numbers in hackintool?

Success with dropping in kexts for ethernet.
nice one

Success with creating USBPorts.kext
That should get your bluetooth working

Creating a new SSDT-PM.aml I continue to fiddle with. I think the link in the terminal command is not working to download the ssdtPRGen.zip. If I download it myself and place it on the first level of the Home directory, can I continue from that point on?
My Power Management guide section was outdated due to the ssdtPRGen.sh download being updated.

My guide has now been updated so go back and use the new Power Management instructions and you should be good

Audio is a trickier bit due to the number of numbers needed to go through, hit and miss of course. Question, can I alter these numbers more simply than hexidecimal in proper tree? Perhaps going through the two digit numbers in hackintool?
Realtek ALC898 codec
layouts; 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 65, 66, 98, 99, 101

The quickest way to test your Audio in/outs is to try each of the 12 decimal layouts one at a time using the NVRAM boot-args e.g, alcid=1

This will override any hex value set in Device Properties - layout-id

Example testing;
  • no good, change boot-args to alcid=2 , save and reboot
  • no good, change boot-args to alcid=3 , save and reboot
  • no good, change boot-args to alcid=5 , save and reboot
  • no good, change boot-args to alcid=7 , save and reboot
  • no good, change boot-args to alcid=11 , save and reboot
  • no good, change boot-args to alcid=13 , save and reboot
  • no good, change boot-args to alcid=65 , save and reboot
  • no good, change boot-args to alcid=98 , save and reboot
  • no good, change boot-args to alcid=99 , save and reboot
  • no good, change boot-args to alcid=101 , save and reboot

Last edited:

Thank you for this thread -- I also have a Z77X-UD5H and found this thread and the attached EFI very helpful!

Curious as to how you ended up solving your audio. Which layout did you use, and did you use the NVRAM boot-args suggested by Robbish, or did you use another method?

Also, were you able to enable both Ethernet ports with those kexts? Atheros works fine, but I can't enable the Intel port with either IntelMausi.kext or AppleIntelE1000e. That said, I am on Monterey and that could be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back