CPU
i5 3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Okay, I've got a strange issue, and I don't know what's going on, or what the solution is. I had a previous completely working solution, or situation. When I rebooted, the same exact same thing did not work. Nothing changed physically. I was booted into the installer USB. I had a USB mouse at the rear right of my computer, and the installer USB at the back left of my computer. BIOS settings are untouched, etc... All I did was reboot, and try again. When this happens, I am greeted with a prohibited sign. I am hoping someone can tell me what's going on, and/or give a solution. Since I got it working once, I assume I don't have to make any additional change, but I don't understand what I have to be doing to get it working again. Again, nothing changed physically.

I am using legacy Clover Yosemite, and the only edits that I have made to the config.plist in Clover Configurator are unchecking "Inject Intel", and setting the system definition to Macbook Pro (8, 1).

System specs for this issue:
Dell Latitude E5430
CPU: Intel Core i5 3230M
Graphics: HD 4000

Okay, I've got a strange issue, and I don't know what's going on, or what the solution is. I had a previous completely working solution, or situation. When I rebooted, the same exact same thing did not work. Nothing changed physically. I was booted into the installer USB. I had a USB mouse at the rear right of my computer, and the installer USB at the back left of my computer. BIOS settings are untouched, etc... All I did was reboot, and try again. When this happens, I am greeted with a prohibited sign. I am hoping someone can tell me what's going on, and/or give a solution. Since I got it working once, I assume I don't have to make any additional change, but I don't understand what I have to be doing to get it working again. Again, nothing changed physically.

I am using legacy Clover Yosemite, and the only edits that I have made to the config.plist in Clover Configurator are unchecking "Inject Intel", and setting the system definition to Macbook Pro (8, 1).

System specs for this issue:
Dell Latitude E5430
CPU: Intel Core i5 3230M
Graphics: HD 4000

For this issue you need to provide us with a verbose boot screen. You can set this from the Clover menu. Press the SpaceBar and enable "verbose" ( -v ) boot topion. When the system freezes take a photo, JPG it and upload it.

The prohibited sign usually appears in two scenarios:

1) The USB port you are booting from has become disabled during boot. This happens with a changed system-defintion. So if previously you did not use MacPro8,1 then that will explain it.

2) The boot device has not been formatted correctly.

Hope that helps.

:)

For this issue you need to provide us with a verbose boot screen. You can set this from the Clover menu. Press the SpaceBar and enable "verbose" ( -v ) boot topion. When the system freezes take a photo, JPG it and upload it.

The prohibited sign usually appears in two scenarios:

1) The USB port you are booting from has become disabled during boot. This happens with a changed system-defintion. So if previously you did not use MacPro8,1 then that will explain it.

2) The boot device has not been formatted correctly.

Hope that helps.

:)
Here is the verbose print out. There is nothing I can do about the second picture. That's just how it comes out.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 38
Here is the verbose print out. There is nothing I can do about the second picture. That's just how it comes out.

As I explained in point no.1:

Root.jpg

... that says "Still waiting for root device" which means that the USB stick has become unreadable.

As your system was working before you made the system-definition change then USB is not working properly now. How have you configured your USB ports? Did you create a USBports.kext or a USBMap.kext?

As I explained in point no.1:

View attachment 556248

... that says "Still waiting for root device" which means that the USB stick has become unreadable.

As your system was working before you made the system-definition change then USB is not working properly now. How have you configured your USB ports? Did you create a USBports.kext or a USBMap.kext?
I got 5,2 Macbook Air later on with testing from El Capitan and Sierra, I will retry Macbook Pro 8,1

I got 5,2 Macbook Air later on with testing from El Capitan and Sierra, I will retry Macbook Pro 8,1

As I asked - what method are you using to configure your USB ports?

Just changing system-defintion at random will not help.

Perhaps create a ZIP archive of your EFI folder and upload it here so I can check.

How have you configured your USB ports? Did you create a USBports.kext or a USBMap.kext?
I haven't. No, they're just the way they are.
Perhaps create a ZIP archive of your EFI folder and upload it here so I can check.
No need, it's just the specifications as mentioned previously in the first post. There's the PS/2 kext, but that's it. Inject Intel, System Definition, and the PS/2 kext.

Last edited:
I haven't. No, they're just the way they are.

No need, it's just the specifications as mentioned previously in the first post. There's the PS/2 kext, but that's it. Inject Intel, System Definition, and the PS/2 kext.

Sorry?

1) I'm not sure why you do not believe me.

2) You also seem unwilling to provide us with a copy of your EFI folder.

3) If, as you state, you only have one kext installed - for PS/2 - then it seems unlikely your system will ever boot.

I wish you well trouble-shooting your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back