Contribute
Register

Problem after updating to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, may I suggest that in the next update to MultiBeast, it should delete the obsolete file if it is present when the user selects ALC889 with DSDT?
MultiBeast made the change in your dsdt. The problem was using both dsdt and kext injection, not supported.

Hi Toleda, thank you so much for your help in this thread.

I have tried everything I've read, to no avail. I have a Z86X UD3H B3 and after updating to 10.8.5 I am unable to get my audio working. I still have "No output devices found".

I have followed the steps in the video right before my post step-by-step, including applying the patched AppleHDA.kext before I run MultiBeast with only 889 checked. I just can't get my audio to work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Myles’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 140
  • Graphics.png
    Graphics.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 218
  • AudioIHDA.png
    AudioIHDA.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 232
  • AboutThisMac.png
    AboutThisMac.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 167
I have a Z86X UD3H B3 and after updating to 10.8.5 I am unable to get my audio working. I still have "No output devices found".

I have followed the steps in the video right before my post step-by-step, including applying the patched AppleHDA.kext before I run MultiBeast with only 889 checked. .
Your motherboard is not a Z86X UD3H and you do not have an 889. Try again with MultiBeast/ALC898.

Your motherboard is not a Z86X UD3H and you do not have an 889. Try again with MultiBeast/ALC898.

Thank you SO much. Wow. It works now.

I made a typo, I meant to say I have a Z68X UD3H, not 86. But the audio on that board is 889, which is the one I've always installed with MBeast to get it to work. Once I updated to 10.8.5 though I need to use 898 now...weird.

I figured it was going to be something so simple but I couldn't figure it out. Hat's off!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 10.50.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 10.50.06 PM.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 10.50.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 10.50.52 PM.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 159
Not at the computer at the moment. I have found that 10.9 with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 in the kernel flags causes audio to go out. Remove that in your boot list and you should be able to have sound after rebooting. Tried that after installing 10.8.5 combo update, rebooted and ran the updated script from Toleda. Rebooted again. That was the absolute fix for me. Hopefully you'll be able to boot without npci=0x3000 as a kernel flag. Let me know if that works.

I wanted to say not only did this fix my audio, but also fixed my Marvell 88SE9172 SATA controller!

I have no sound after updating my system to 10.8.5 today, I have tried to re install my kext as usual for Realtech 889 but no sound output appears in system preferences.

Any one could advice?

I was also suffering from the same problem then finally I have to call expert for that and now my audio system is doing well. :crazy:

Not at the computer at the moment. I have found that 10.9 with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 in the kernel flags causes audio to go out. Remove that in your boot list and you should be able to have sound after rebooting. Tried that after installing 10.8.5 combo update, rebooted and ran the updated script from Toleda. Rebooted again. That was the absolute fix for me. Hopefully you'll be able to boot without npci=0x3000 as a kernel flag. Let me know if that works.

works for me after updating to 10.8.5.
just removed npci=0x3000 from Extra/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist

thank you very much!

I've got also no sound after update to 10.8.5

ALC888 on Motherboard GA-EP45-UD3LR

On 10.7.x Lion I did Patch the original Applehda.kext with a tool called HDA Wizard
This Kext did work very excellent. Even DTS Passthrough did work which was a problem before.

So I used the Kext everytime I did a update and it did work.
Also in Mountain Lion this Kext did work in 10.8-0 - 10.8.4

Now in 10.8.5 I have no Sound and I dont get this.

With the Update came also a new AudioAUUC.kext in Extensions Folder. Could this cause the Probblem?
Any Soloutions found?

Did you ever get sound working on 10.8.5 ?

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back