Contribute
Register

Problem installing on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My installation of Lion was on the same mono using unibeast and it went flawless using Storks settings. I think you need to install RAM in pairs for this mono. If not, then in the instruction manual if I recall... you should install the RAM in a specific slot if you are only using one or two modules... I think the slots to use are "3-1" and "3-2" Slot numbers are on the mobo next to the slots.

When looking for a USB drive I did read that some manufacturers drives don't jive with Mac for some reason.

You could try changing your BIOS boot order to USB first and then change it back to CD/DVD after successful install.

Here is where I am at
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=44623&p=285449&hilit=disk+boot+boot+disk+disk+boot+failure#p285449

@tonyhale372 Sorry for hijacking your thread but by the sound of it you were/are pretty much done with it already lol

@ Everyone else who wants to help: Here is an abbreviated run down.. I created my Unibeast thumb stick on my wife's macbook after upgrading it from leopard to SL (10.6.8). I DL'd Lion onto her macbook and followed the Unibeast instructions. I tried to use the Unibeast thumb stick in my Hackintosh it didn't work and I got a message saying Disk Boot Failure (or something along those lines). I wiped the Unibeast thumb stick and went through the instructions again (did this 4 times) and I still cant get it to work.

I gave up on Unibeast and installed SL using iboot/SL DVD method. I cant get SL to boot without the iboot disk (dont really care cause I want Lion but mentioned just in case its important). I figured I could just DL the Lion app on my hackintosh but I am encountering the App store problem of "device not recognized" or something like that. I tried to fix it but can't seem to get it to work.

So, I turned back to Unibeast and now when I try to boot to my thumb stick I get "boot0=error". So then I read this thread and tried to boot to my USB using rboot, but when I get to the rboot screen my thumbstick isn't an option to boot to. And thats where I stand right now. I know that wasn't very abreviated but I just wanted to be as specific as possible in hopes to come up with the correct solution. To see everything I have tried already go to my thread which I posted the link to at the top of this post.

Is there a way to move the Lion installer to my hackintosh from my wife's macbook? If so could I just install Lion from SL? I looked at doing Xmove but I have to have the Lion installer on my hackintosh.. and I can't seem to get the app store to let me DL anything. Has anyone tried creating a Lion DVD and installing Lion with rboot? I found this on Lifehacker http://lifehacker.com/5823096/how-to-bu ... lash-drive but I haven't tried it yet. I think I might tonight when I get home from work.

It was definitely frustrating for me. Once I had the right order I installed it 3 or 4 times with no problem.
I had 2 major issues for my install. It definitely would not boot and install from my hackintosh thumb drive. I also had a Liteon Blu-Ray drive for my optical drive. That was a problem too. It can be very picky about hardware compatibility.
I replaced the Blu-Ray with a Sony DVD-RW that fixed that problem. Make sure you disconnect any peripherals you don't need during the install. You can add them back later. I completed the install with 16GB of memory installed, 4 4GB modules. Didn't cause a problem for me.

I created an rboot CD to get the OS and Chimera loaded. Once I got the Chimera screen I selected the hackintosh thumb drive, I created the partition for the hard drive and about 20 minutes later I had a running Lion system. I then ran Multibeast with the DSDT file on the desktop and the recommended settings, everything works.
My system has a removable OS drive bay. I can slide in the Lion drive, boot the system and I have my hackintosh. I shut it down, replace the OS drive with my Windows 7 Professional drive, boot back up and I have a working PC.

Good luck!

Mors Inimicis said:
So, I turned back to Unibeast and now when I try to boot to my thumb stick I get "boot0=error". So then I read this thread and tried to boot to my USB using rboot, but when I get to the rboot screen my thumbstick isn't an option to boot to. And thats where I stand right now. I know that wasn't very abreviated but I just wanted to be as specific as possible in hopes to come up with the correct solution. To see everything I have tried already go to my thread which I posted the link to at the top of this post.

Is there a way to move the Lion installer to my hackintosh from my wife's macbook? If so could I just install Lion from SL? I looked at doing Xmove but I have to have the Lion installer on my hackintosh.. and I can't seem to get the app store to let me DL anything. Has anyone tried creating a Lion DVD and installing Lion with rboot? I found this on Lifehacker http://lifehacker.com/5823096/how-to-bu ... lash-drive but I haven't tried it yet. I think I might tonight when I get home from work.

When you use Unibeast, you need to leave the USB drive in there until you run Multibeast on it. At least right after you install Unibeast. If you install Lion via Unibeast, and then reboot it and take out the USB drive, it won't boot. At least mine didn't.

And once I got to the 10.7.2 desktop I ran Multibeast, installed the recommended stuff, rebooted, and was able to ditch the USB drive (Chimera was installed).

Having the same problem with Unibeast. I know it should be easy, but i don't even get to the installer, not with safe mode, single user, GraphicsEnabler to No, ... all doesn't work.
Maybe it's that my USB Unibeast stick is somehow not found/disconnected when the kernel panic happens? I tried every port on my system and no success with any.
I have gone over BIOS settings 10 times, disconnected the LG blu-ray writer, operating at 4GB of RAM for installation. Never a success.

If someone has an idea, please shoot. I'm at the point where i might just go totally Windows.

Could it be the 2700k maybe?

Mors Inimicis said:
Here is where I am at
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=44623&p=285449&hilit=disk+boot+boot+disk+disk+boot+failure#p285449

@tonyhale372 Sorry for hijacking your thread but by the sound of it you were/are pretty much done with it already lol

@ Everyone else who wants to help: Here is an abbreviated run down.. I created my Unibeast thumb stick on my wife's macbook after upgrading it from leopard to SL (10.6.8). I DL'd Lion onto her macbook and followed the Unibeast instructions. I tried to use the Unibeast thumb stick in my Hackintosh it didn't work and I got a message saying Disk Boot Failure (or something along those lines). I wiped the Unibeast thumb stick and went through the instructions again (did this 4 times) and I still cant get it to work.

I gave up on Unibeast and installed SL using iboot/SL DVD method. I cant get SL to boot without the iboot disk (dont really care cause I want Lion but mentioned just in case its important). I figured I could just DL the Lion app on my hackintosh but I am encountering the App store problem of "device not recognized" or something like that. I tried to fix it but can't seem to get it to work.

1) As you have Lion on your wife's Mac, go ahead and try and create an xMove installer partition. I've done it on a USB 3.0 thumb drive, an external mobile hard drive, and on a partition on one of my desktop drives, all without issue. Just use rboot to load the installer. From what I understand, the Unibeast installer is simply about creating a singular bootable device that does not require a separate iboot/rboot disc solution to get things started. Just plug and play, so to speak. As I don't have a need to carry around a thumb drive hackintosh installer I've relied on xMove for my Lion installs thus far.

2) Since it appears you've discovered how to burn the disc image of Lion you should consider just copying that DMG to your SL install, mounting it, and running xMove if that's the avenue you want to try. You can burn the DMG as-is, however, this will not necessarily make the installer bootable, or rather it may start to boot and then nix the installer from loading after it does a system check. xMove and Unibeast, to my understanding, edit some of the installer files on the disk to make it more install-friendly. Once upon a time, when I got a new MacBook and had issues with trying a fresh SL install, I found that the installer did not have my brand new MacBook as a qualified machine for SL to install despite it being shipped with SL (was traveling and did not have the restore discs with me). I had to rip the SL disc as an image, make it writeable, change the system qualifiers and was then able to do a fresh install on my MacBook with the image burned. I think Tony had a post on some of the changes that are done to get the installer and system running, but I believe the noted changes I just discussed are part of what makes the installer boot in the first place, amongst other issues I'm sure I'm not aware of. :)

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back