Contribute
Register

Problem with Native Access

Fair enough, but that’s worth a try. You can comment this out, see if it breaks sleep/wake, then create a proper dsdt patch to overwrite the IOName of that device and set the type to string instead of data.
Thank you my friend.
Do you know how to comment out the patch when using propertree?

Thank you my friend.
Do you know how to comment out the patch when using propertree?
Sorry by comment out I meant delete the section. You can copy it first, save it to another file then paste it again if you need to restore it (but that would break native access again)

So, I installed the OCLP EFI to an empty USB. I opened config.plist and deleted the IOName patch. Saved it and then restarted and booted off this modified USB EFI.

Intel Power Gadget installs and works fine. Also I checked the IORegistryExplorer and now the IOName entry is correctly shown as "string".

I tested sleep/wake and it is working. However, I believe that maybe Deep sleep is not working. This is because when I wake up the iMac, it wakes up very fast whilst I remember it used to delay a little... Is there a way to check if deep sleep is actually working?

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο 2022-04-15, 3.19.11 μμ.png
    Στιγμιότυπο 2022-04-15, 3.19.11 μμ.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
Closed all apps, put the system to sleep, waited till the fans stopped working, then waited for several minutes and then pressed a key on the keyboard to wake the system up. It woke up just fine, and opened the lock screen to put my password in. Entered the password and I am now writing this post without any problem.

I believe that by deleting this line I do not enable the iGPU. I just stop this conflict between string and data after ejection. Is that a posibility?

What can I say. I will keep testing the system and report back.
I would just like to thank you very for finding this out. Huge thanks my friend.

Do you have any guide on how to create the Dsdt to fix this instead of deleting it?

You can try this:

Note that you could try to use the "disable-gpu" DeviceProperties method, instead of using the IOName / #display rename, but I'm not sure what it does in the background (it might just rename IOName and change it to data too).

Is there a way to check if deep sleep is actually working?

You could check your current sleep mode and change it to another one, then check if it still wakes up OK:

What can I say. I will keep testing the system and report back.
I would just like to thank you very for finding this out. Huge thanks my friend.
No worries, I'm glad it helped you.

Took me quite a lot of head scratching to figure that one out. I don't think I would have found out what Native Access was really doing in that "retrieveGPUInfoEv" method without disassembling and reverse engineering it, even tho, in retrospect, the crash report was giving away the "CFStringCompareWithOptionsAndLocale" clue. Still, that didn't tell what it was trying to compare.

You guys are genius, thanks @nekapsule <3 just delete the line with Propertree, and, native is back.

Weird! Anybody on Mojave or all affected users on later OS’ses?

***Should had read carefully, yes for some. Why am I not affected?

*** Oh, @nekapsule didn’t had troubles on Mojave neither… Are you on Clover? I’m on a really old Clover BTW.

Last edited:
Back