Contribute
Register

Probook 4440s asking 6 digit system pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the same problem my brother locked my imac using icloud but now it asks for system lock 6 digit pin code , how can i add EmuVariableUEFI64.efi to drivers64UEFI ? noob here :)

It is available from the Clover installer.

It is an option in the Clover installer. Clover is linked from the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

More information about Clover: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

thanks
that guide for laptop my problem is on desktop and do i need another mac to add emuvariableuefi-64.efi to driver64uefi file and another q how can i save my config.plist file from this locked mac?

sorry for my alot of q's need learn:)

thanks
that guide for laptop my problem is on desktop and do i need another mac to add emuvariableuefi-64.efi to driver64uefi file and another q how can i save my config.plist file from this locked mac?

sorry for my alot of q's need learn:)

You're posting to the laptop section. Desktop questions should be asked in the appropriate desktop forum. Still, the Clover installer link is provided in the guide and installing EmuVariable is the same.

You can boot using a USB with EmuVariable on it.

i have the same problem my brother locked my imac using icloud but now it asks for system lock 6 digit pin code , how can i add EmuVariableUEFI64.efi to drivers64UEFI ? noob here :)

EmuVariable is a good workaround but the lock itself is still there. I did it with my elitebook today just for fun, totally locked out... 6 digit pin request at recovery screen; os does not boot further than a few lines (screenshots from earlier).

This guy was at the right place, must have missed the last line that says enter to continue or q to quit (also forgot -b), theres a few pages you must skip.....
I have been able to get an EFI shell
and have found the following variables in NVram Variables using the DMPSTORE command.
Which one should i remove?View attachment 126022

Code:
dmpstore -d system-recovery-lock
is the only necessary variable that needs removing...
after deleting the variable type "reset" and everything should boot like normal...

Last edited by a moderator:
Up until this moment there was no solution - I had done the same crap and wound up with the same lockout issue - however I solved it thanks to some serious reading and experimenting - the solution leads through booting into shellx64.efi and running a dmpstore -b command - this will list all contents stored in the nvram - go through the list and look for variables ffm-computer-name, ffm-authentication-token-FFM, system-recovery-lock and other apple related variables and delete them with the command dmpstore -d variable name (e.g. variable = ffm-computer-name). Once you have cleaned it up exit efi shell by typing reset and boot into clover and osx installer - the 6 digit pin will be gone - and once u fix it don't mess with it again - took me 3 days to figure this out :banghead:

P.S. Don't delete anything you are not sure about or you could wind up wrecking your entire UEFI system ... I haven't tried and I wouldn't - if in doubt - ask here.
When I am in the shell what Command I have to write?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back