Question about which graphic card to buy

Motherboard
MSI Z790 TOMAHAWK WI-FI
CPU
i9-14900KF
Graphics
RTX 3060
Hello :)

I am a new user, I come to you with a question and I need your help because I would like to install hackintosh on an i9-14900KF computer with a MSI Z790 motherboard I know it sounds crazy because I don't have much experience but I still want to try it. For this configuration I have a RTX3060 graphics card, I know there is no chance with this card it will work so I would like to ask what not expensive Radeon card I need to have to make sense?

best
Adrian

Hello :)

I am a new user, I come to you with a question and I need your help because I would like to install hackintosh on an i9-14900KF computer with a MSI Z790 motherboard I know it sounds crazy because I don't have much experience but I still want to try it. For this configuration I have a RTX3060 graphics card, I know there is no chance with this card it will work so I would like to ask what not expensive Radeon card I need to have to make sense?

best
Adrian

so all cards on the picutre will work with this Procesor ? I would like to buy a Radeon RX 480 exctly brother

For a not too expensive, mid range AMD card pick from this list:

List of AMD / Hackintosh Compatible Graphics Cards - June 2023

5000 / 6000 series Navi Cards

Radeon RX 5700
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Radeon W 6600
Radeon RX 6600
Radeon RX 6600 XT

Ones in bold are the top two for price to performance. The 5700s will most likely be used.
The 6600s can be found new still on most sites like Amazon and Newegg.

I would avoid something that old that has been used previously.
The RX 6600 can be bought new for under $200 at least in the US.

thanks buddy so i decide to buy this one RX 6600

trs96 my brother has a card AMD Radeon R9 380 NITRO OC 4GB GDDR5 I know it is old but is there a chance that it will go ? because in general I do not care about graphics because I would like it for music

Your brothers card lost native support when Ventura was released. If you don't mind running macOS Monterey, then you can use the R9 380 Nitro. But you will need o use a Fake Device ID to get the card working in macOS.

If you want to run Ventura or Sonoma then you need a different/newer graphic card, i.e. RX 6600 that you previously selected.

so at most I will try to buy MSI Radeon RX 6600 MECH 2X 8GB GDDR6 such I would like, however I would have one last question, can I use 2 graphics cards have for example on one partition hackintosh on the Radeon card and on the second partition Widnows on the Rtx 3060 card will I not have a problem at startup??

so at most I will try to buy MSI Radeon RX 6600 MECH 2X 8GB GDDR6 such I would like, however I would have one last question, can I use 2 graphics cards have for example on one partition hackintosh on the Radeon card and on the second partition Widnows on the Rtx 3060 card will I not have a problem at startup??
leave out the nividia until you have installed macOS

create a SSDT to disable the nvidia card

Back