Radeon 4890
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone,

I searched the forum for a while last night and couldn't find anyone with the same problem as myself.

I have been using a EVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB graphics card since I build my machine a few years ago and it has always worked flawless on both the Mac side (currently Snow Leopard 10.6.8) and Windows side (Win7 Ultimate).

I started playing Star Wars The Old Republic and soon found out that my graphics card no longer "kicked ass" so I upgraded to an XFX ATI Radeon HD 4890.

Windows side works flawless and the game performs amazingly. The mac side looks a lot better too...BUT

Playback of all my .mp4 files is very jerky, which is a problem I did not have with the EVGA.

All I did to get the Radeon to work with the ATIxxxx injector. I am currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 as well.

Any solution or idea as to why this is occurring? Am I missing a kext or something? or is there a setting somewhere I forgot to turn on for video? Any help would be appreciated!

~ Midsyde

EDIT: I am not sure if this has anything to do with this either. But all of my screensavers no longer work except for 2. Flurry and Computer Name. Computer Name works fine, but Flurry looks like junk. Blurry and Jerky....I miss abstract :(

EDIT2: Following a suggestion from a friend I removed the kext AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext from the computer. This definitely helped with .MP4 playback. The jerkiness is gone. The screensavers still do not work and about 1/3 up from the bottom of the screen there is a weird line that occurs when I click and move any window. Almost like a line a scaler would make when converting video.

Well this fix solved my .MP4 problem....BUT I now can't watch any video on YouTube.com...ugh.

Anyone have an idea of what can fix this?

SOLVED

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I had to reinstall AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext. Dragging into System/Library/Extensions with disk repair did NOT work. I had to use the Kext Helper.

On top of that I had to install ATI48XX Patch for 10.6.8 which i DID NOT do previously. I only installed the injector.

Now ALL problems are fixed. Screensavers, line flicker, and .mp4's are all perfect.

For anyone who has this problem in the future....this is how you do it. Injector AND patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back