Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020 MT
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
RX 580
Hello,

Every time I want to boot into the clover menu, I have to plug my monitor in via VGA/Intel iGPU to see anything. Then after booting an OS, the RX 580 takes over just fine. Is there a way I can disable the iGPU and force the RX 580 in clover configurator? I don't think it's possible to disable it in the bios on my machine (enterprise mini-tower build).

Also I'm using a monitor that only has DVI and VGA so the RX 580 is plugged in using a DVI-HDMI adapter.

is this your OEM Dell motherboard? Normally there is an option in the Bios to specify which output device the bios (and clover) will display on default. You should be able to switch from iGPU to PCIe. I have no idea if that option is available on your Dell board, but it should be. You just need to search for it. Sometimes these things have some options made unavailable.

For primary display, I get "auto", "intel integrated", and "ati radeon". And then it says something like "when auto is not selected, the onboard graphics device will remain enabled." Also it makes me use onboard vga to enter the bios--another reason why I don't think it's possible to disable from the bios.

Source: Have many 9020 MT's
Does wake from sleep work on your 9020(s) when you have an RX 570/80 installed ? With either Mojave or Catalina.

Set default as Radeon in the bios and it will display boot/clover on the 580.

This is my current setting, and still no visual of the Clover menu. I wonder if it's my monitor/cable situation.

Does wake from sleep work on your 9020(s) when you have an RX 570/80 installed ? With either Mojave or Catalina.

With Mojave it seemed to work, but I only tested it once. After I turned sleep off so it would do some disk transfers without me in the room.

To the sleep question - I have not hacked the 9020 for MacOS, speaking from experience turning them into little gaming machines for the family to play VR together across the country on.

To the output question - I find the card defaults to the DVI or HDMI output over the DP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back