Register

Sleep issue after changing GPU

Motherboard
MSI Z690 WiFi DDR4
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello @CaseySJ , I hope you dont mind me writing to you here. But ive been searching and tried everything for 2 days. I have the same RX580. Upgraded to Sonama, and everything is in fact running better. BUT, sleep will not work. It is crashing. Almost turning completely off.

The error I get is a panic attack, here is the top line
panic(cpu 2 caller Oxffffff7fb2eeb465): "virtual bool AMD9500Controller: :detectPowerDown(): GPU is not found. PCI config access fails!!!
6Adontrorrer.con:
Panicked task Oxffffff9955b6afd8:

I have double, triple checked Bios settings. Checked against @NorthAmTransAm latest EFI too, to see any major discrepancies, but i see nothing.
I have not touched any hardware.

Ive searched here and the internet of course.
I cant really find this issue. One would think my graphics card is now broken, but how? I didnt touch it in "years".

Thanks mate for your help.

EDIT: Sleep was working to my satisfaction under Ventura.

Any ideas?

@gundogg9999

I've moved your post to a new thread here in Sonoma Desktop Support.

Sorry for the incorrect thread title -- I read your post too quickly.

Some questions:
  • Are you using Intel WiFi / BT?
  • If so, which version of AirportItlwm is installed?
  • Which version of Sonoma? Is it the latest 14.4.1?
  • What is the make/model of your RX580?
Please post your config.plist with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo -> DataHub.

Casey, thank you fort your help. And moving the thread!

Let me answer questions, i hope you get some ideas.

1. No, I am using a FENVI t919. Intel(onboard) disabled
2. I am not using one, do i need it? I have not found any suggestions to use it for my MB
3. Sonoma 14.4.1
4. 8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 1xDVI / 2xDisplayPort / 2xHDMI (Retail)

@CaseySJ I did buy the card new about 5 years ago - does it need a firmware upgrade? Is it too old?

Thanks for the suggestion, it is pointing towards the fwd of the case, so yes I believe it is correct. Also, I only had the issue since upgrading from Ventura.

I did just try it and the Hack wouldnt even turn on, so i guess I wont try it again.

Hi @gundogg9999,

Let’s try disabling “AirportItlwm” kext in config.plist. Then reboot and check sleep behavior.

hi @CaseySJ I am not using AirportItlwm, as ham not using intel wifi/bt. I am using a Fenvi card t919
I’m facing a similar (not identical) problem on my Z690 ProArt, where system does not enter sleep. I just did a clean install of 14.5 on a new APFS volume, and sleep works! So now I’m trying to narrow down the cause on my main system.

A fresh install may be a good idea for you as well, to check if basic system is okay.

I’m facing a similar (not identical) problem on my Z690 ProArt, where system does not enter sleep. I just did a clean install of 14.5 on a new APFS volume, and sleep works! So now I’m trying to narrow down the cause on my main system.

A fresh install may be a good idea for you as well, to check if basic system is okay.

Thanks Casey, I looked at my old EFIs for Ventura.
I tried a couple of things. Then for "fun" I exchanged my old USB mapping. Sleep is now working it think, Ill test the system next few days and hopefully all is in order.

Back