MSI GTX 760 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

since updating to 10.9 my Hackintosh takes about 20-30 seconds to go to sleep. It sleeps and wakes up fine, but in Mountain Lion sleep was instant.

Is this a common issue with Mavericks? Any suggestions how to get a fast sleep again?

Hi,

since updating to 10.9 my Hackintosh takes about 20-30 seconds to go to sleep. It sleeps and wakes up fine, but in Mountain Lion sleep was instant.

Is this a common issue with Mavericks? Any suggestions how to get a fast sleep again?

It is a new Mavericks "feature." Same thing on my MacBookAir6,2. I don't know of a solution for it, although you would think this is a configuration item somewhere...

It is a new Mavericks "feature." Same thing on my MacBookAir6,2. I don't know of a solution for it, although you would think this is a configuration item somewhere...

Hm ok - so it's a Mavericks bug.
10.9 seems to have a lot of bugs. Let's hope that 10.9.1 fixes it.

Hm ok - so it's a Mavericks bug.
10.9 seems to have a lot of bugs. Let's hope that 10.9.1 fixes it.

It is not a bug. It appears to be intentional/by design.

Do you have fat32 or extfat partition? I have the same problem, then I realize that spotlight is trying to index those drives and throwing out errors all the time. By excluding these partitions from spotlight, it makes my sleep much faster.

Do you have fat32 or extfat partition? I have the same problem, then I realize that spotlight is trying to index those drives and throwing out errors all the time. By excluding these partitions from spotlight, it makes my sleep much faster.

I do not. As I mentioned, the 20 sec delay from "sleep request" to "sleep begin" is present on my MacBookAir6,2 as well, so it seems intentional. Delays after "sleep begin" are a separate issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back