Graphics
Internal HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Posting this request for help again as a stand alone thread - I previously inadvertently posted in the incorrect place.

I am stumbling at the first hurdle with a "No Entry Sign" when I try to do an install from a Unibeast USB stick.

The system I am trying to install on is:
  • CASE: Streacom F1C WS EVO HTPC Chassis - Non Optical
  • MB: Gigabyte GA-H170N-Wifi [F4 BIOS]
  • CPU: Intel I7 6700T 2.8GHz 35W HD 530 8MB Quad Core CPU
  • CPU FAN: Noctua NH-L9i CPU Cooler
  • SYSTEM FAN: Noctua NF-A6x25
  • RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz RAM/Memory Kit 2x 16GB
  • WIFI/BLUETOOTH: Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth
  • HDD: Samsung M.2 850 EVO 500GB SATA SSD
  • HDD2: Crucial MX300 750GB SSD (not yet installed)
  • HDD3: Crucial MX300 750GB SSD (not yet installed)
  • POWER: Mini-Box picoPSU-160-XT High Power 24 Pin Mini-ITX Power Supply
  • SUPPLY: LEICKE 150W Power Supply PSU Charger | 12V 12.5A 5.5 x 2.5 mm | For ITX pico PSU
I have followed all the instructions at the beginning of the [Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI thread to set-up the Unibeast install USB stick. In fact I have gone back and repeated them after the first couple of failures to double check I have done everything correctly.

When I boot from the Unibeast 6.2 USB stick, I pressed return (on the External drive) , I get the Apple logo and the bar progresses and then after a while I get a black screen with a "No Entry Sign".

So I rebooted in verbose mode and again get the "No Entry Sign" with the rest of the screen partially corrupted.
Before the screen gets garbled, it looks like this:
imageA.jpg

Then it gets garbled and looks like this:
imageB.jpg

I have tried to do some alternative installs but they all end up with the same result.

So far I have tried to install using all of the USB 3 back panel connectors using a San Disk Extreme USB 3.0 64GB stick. I have today also purchased a USB 2.0 Motherboard header to USB socket and a Corsair 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Voyager drive and plugged it into the motherboard to try a USB 2.0 only install.

It has occurred to me that as I am doing a brand new install using El Capitan 10.11.6 that this could be the issue?

Any help / suggestions as to how to proceed would be much appreciated. :)

You mentioned following the guide to create the boot USB, but did you follow the guide to set the BIOS settings on the mobo?

Yes I followed the guide and have just double checked all settings are correct AFAICS. :)

The only setting that is not set (because I can't find it in BIOS Features) is 'VT-d: Disabled'. I have disabled it in Chipset.

VT-d is supposed to be in Chipset.

That's OK then because that is what I have done - I guess the guide is wrong on that point i.e. It being in BIOS Features as well?

I am not sure. I was just looking at the guide, before I made my previous comment, and missed it in the BIOS features and saw it in the Chipset.

Customize the USB install drive so all USB ports on the machine are recognized for the installer. UniBeast should have left a drive mounted that appears as "EFI" in Finder. Go to that drive and:
  • Go to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ and copy the USBInjectall.kext you downloaded (get it from the "Release" directory of the ZIP) into 10.11/ AND 10.10/ (must be in both!)
  • Copy the config.plist you downloaded over the default one at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

When following this step, did you make sure to rename the new config.plist file to overwrite the old one?

If I just leave it running, the garbled screen starts to tidy itself up and I get these additional messages:
imageC.jpg

There are various messages relating to VM Swap file errors - not sure if this helps?

Do you have the computer connected through DVI or HDMI? I started my build this evening and was getting the same issue when I was trying to use DVI. It is now installing with my HDMI tv.

I have two solutions, try each separately:

Disable IOAPIC in bios.

Modify your config.plist and check:
  • FixOwnership
  • AddClockID
  • USB / Inject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back