Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] XPS 9500 Hibernate works but high power consumption on resume

The trackpad across the 9500/9510/9520/9530 (same trackpad for all machines, as are most of the peripherals) is very good. It's markedly different from the 9300, which feels flimsy at times. The 9500's trackpad feels much more responsive and solid. IMHO of course...
Thanks for the reply, I now have an XPS 9500, but S4 doesn't work for me with your EFI, also you named your repo IceLake, which is confusing because an Intel Core i9-10885H is a Comet Lake.
For now, I've created my own EFI with working headphone sound, brightness buttons and the ability to boot Windows. I don't use Windows but need it for testing.
S3 works on my XPS 9300, but unfortunately I can't remember what I changed in the BIOS, does anyone know how to reset the BIOS? Even a BIOS update does not reset all changes.

I just realized that this laptop has 4 speakers, the Dell specs only say 2 and we only use 2 of them, so I have added layout 13 with support for 4 speakers, which also activates the tweeters. You can test it if you like.

Attachments

• AppleALC-1.8.9-RELEASE.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Back