Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Stuck with apfs.efi copy failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, where is the apfs.efi file it is trying to copy coming from? Is it included in UniBeast or is it trying to copy from somewhere. Perhaps the reason some of us are having this and some not is that we may not have the file in the expected location or it may not be accessible for some reason.

Out of curiosity, where is the apfs.efi file it is trying to copy coming from? Is it included in UniBeast or is it trying to copy from somewhere. Perhaps the reason some of us are having this and some not is that we may not have the file in the expected location or it may not be accessible for some reason.
It’s in the installer in usr/local.

Maybe you should look at the createinstallmedia method.

It’s in the installer in usr/local.

Which installer? I don't see it in either Unibeast or the Install macOS Mojave packages.

Thanks for that video. It is definitely in mine so the issue is with the copy and not with the file not existing.

Still trying to figure out the root cause here since others also have the problem and unless they just never posted how they fixed it I see several threads with no ultimate resolution to this. Going to try a different USB stick next (the ones I have tried are all the same brand/model).

All else fails, I will fall back on the createintallmedia method.

Latest update: Tried different media without success. Today I deleted the Install Mojave App and downloaded a fresh copy from the App Store. After that, Unibeast created the install disk without any errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back