Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, no problem.
1.-Backup your Extensions folder:
open finder and locate /Library/Extensions
create a new folder on your desktop (ej:backup_Extensions) and drag&drop all kext's from /Library/Extensions to new folder

delete all kext's in /Library/Extensions/

Download Kextbeast (Download section - tonymacx86 tools) on your desktop

Unzip my kext's on your desktop
Warning: Kextbeast install all kexts that are on your desktop
path to install kext when prompt kextbeast: /Library/Extensions/
and now, kextbeast install all kext from your desktop to Extensions folder

Reboot and good luck

EFI folder is otherwise

First off, thank you so much fontanero for all your help and for posting your EFIs and extensions. They have been SUPER helpful for me.

A quick question for anyone with this motherboard:
Has anyone gotten around the problem in iTunes, Amazon Video, or Netflix that prevents HD playback? When I try to play movies in iTunes, it shows a black screen and a message pops up that says "The movie cannot be played because it is on a display that is not authorized to play protected movies." All of my equipment is HDCP compliant, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

I tried looking here, but didn't find a working solution:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/itunes-protected-video-black-screen-solution-hdcp.195083/

Any thoughts?

Fontanero, thank you so much for all of your assistance throughout this thread!

This is my second Hackintosh now running an i5 8400 with a new Gigabyte H370N WIFI mobo. I just got up and running with nearly no major issues using your EFI and extensions. The Z370 and H370 must be nearly identical, including the SSDT patch for USB.

For anyone interested, this is what I am running.

High Sierra 10.13.4
iMac 17,1 definition
Intel i5-8400 + standard heatsink
Gigabyte H370N-WIFI mITX
iGPU UHD630
2 x 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT
Corsair TX550M PSU
Micron M500 SSD
Dual Monitors Dell UltraSharp U2414H

What works:
-Ethernet (mobo wifi/BT does not work, I have not purchased replacement chip, don’t currently need either)
-Audio from mobo via HDMI and analog ports.
-All USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1. Have not tested USB-C
-Sleep works but takes long
-iMessage

What kind of works:
-Dual Monitors; I need to use a DP cable and a HDMI cable. One of the HDMI ports doesn’t seem to work.
-Restarting with dual monitor: when I restart the system, both monitors go into Energy Saver mode. I can turn off, then on, the HDMI-powered monitor but the DP one never works. My fix is to power off the DP monitor before restarting, and power on when I’m logged back in.
-Netflix in Safari does not work. I get Error S7363-1260-48444350 "There appears to be a display problem. Please ensure your monitor is HDCP compliant and is not mirrored using Airplay."

Molinaboss, my last problem seems to be related to yours. I don't have any movies in iTunes to test, but trailers through the store do work. Netflix and Amazon Video don't work at all either.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate it. I'm including my config file and screenshot of my /Library/Extensions/ and my EFI folder.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.01.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.01.37 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 356
Hi dimethyman:
in the folder EFI / Kext / Other / it is advisable to have just enough to to boot from USB iBoot

There are kexts should only be on the disk in (HDD or SSD) / Library / Extensions /, the only and mandatory is FakeSMC.kext
I do not say that with that the problem is fixed but it is an advice

Hi dimethyman:
in the folder EFI / Kext / Other / it is advisable to have just enough to to boot from USB iBoot

There are kexts should only be on the disk in (HDD or SSD) / Library / Extensions /, the only and mandatory is FakeSMC.kext
I do not say that with that the problem is fixed but it is an advice

I know you are right and I should. So I just removed all kexts from my EFI except the FakeSMC and put them on my desktop. I used Kextbeast to install to /L/E and then deleted them from the desktop. When I restarted my DP monitor wouldn't turn on and I lost all USB port functionality, except for my USB 3.1 which worked out of the box. So I just copied all my kexts back into my EFI and still kept the ones in the /L/E.

So everything works as it should with the kexts in the EFI but when I only rely on the ones in /L/E something is breaking. Any thoughts on which kexts could be causing problems? Honestly, I am not entirely sure if all of the ones I have are even necessary.

I know you are right and I should. So I just removed all kexts from my EFI except the FakeSMC and put them on my desktop. I used Kextbeast to install to /L/E and then deleted them from the desktop. When I restarted my DP monitor wouldn't turn on and I lost all USB port functionality, except for my USB 3.1 which worked out of the box. So I just copied all my kexts back into my EFI and still kept the ones in the /L/E.

So everything works as it should with the kexts in the EFI but when I only rely on the ones in /L/E something is breaking. Any thoughts on which kexts could be causing problems? Honestly, I am not entirely sure if all of the ones I have are even necessary.

Hi, can you send me your /Library/Extensions?
If you like, send me too EFI folder.

Hi, I install in this motherboard, my wifi not is work. I install FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRam2.kext in /Library/Extensions, whats not work?

Hi, you mast specify model and type of connection.
Intel onboard not compatible

Last edited:
Onboard wifi of Z370N not work? USB wifi generic work in MacOS High Sierra? Sorry for my bad English kkk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back