Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.4 MB · Views: 95
  • Extensions.zip
    5 MB · Views: 108
I know you are right and I should. So I just removed all kexts from my EFI except the FakeSMC and put them on my desktop. I used Kextbeast to install to /L/E and then deleted them from the desktop. When I restarted my DP monitor wouldn't turn on and I lost all USB port functionality, except for my USB 3.1 which worked out of the box. So I just copied all my kexts back into my EFI and still kept the ones in the /L/E.

So everything works as it should with the kexts in the EFI but when I only rely on the ones in /L/E something is breaking. Any thoughts on which kexts could be causing problems? Honestly, I am not entirely sure if all of the ones I have are even necessary.

Hi, you only work with I630?
You have installed Nvidia kext and AMD too :crazy:
I send you yours folders modified with only kext's do you need and modified EFI

Good luck and tell me results

Attachments

• Extensions dimethyman.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 84
  • EFI dimethyman.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
This is last files EFI and kext's
All working 100%
i630 DP and HDMI (no 2 displays at a time)
Sound, sound DP and HDMI
Sleep&wake
USB's charging ipad
WIFI&BT replaced to BCM94360CD (NGFF adapter)
Itunes

System.png Sound.png Multibeast.png USB power.png USB HEADER.png

Attachments

• EFI 5.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 121
  • Extensions.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
Please excuse my forum ignorance here... I'm hoping that I'm missing something simple that I literally just overlooked on the site.

I have the same board & chip, Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s, and a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA. All of the parts are from the Buyers Guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/april/2018/#CustoMac_Mini_Deluxe

I ran the basic Unibeast install from High Sierra, but did not change any of the plist settings or EFI folder contents.

Unibeast boots just fine, but always panics after the Apple Logo screen appears.
I ran it in verbose mode to see more details and the basic stack looks like this.

Any hints/help/links would be greatly appreciated.

Of course my image is too small...

Please excuse my forum ignorance here... I'm hoping that I'm missing something simple that I literally just overlooked on the site.

I have the same board & chip, Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s, and a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA. All of the parts are from the Buyers Guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/april/2018/#CustoMac_Mini_Deluxe

I ran the basic Unibeast install from High Sierra, but did not change any of the plist settings or EFI folder contents.

Unibeast boots just fine, but always panics after the Apple Logo screen appears.
I ran it in verbose mode to see more details and the basic stack looks like this.

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

graphics is a bit vague....
(updated : it's just the on board graphics from the MB)

I feel like I'm missing some obvious and critical set of steps here. I purchased this hardware because it's listed on the buys guide in a complete set, so I assumed it was compatible.

I have checked the BIOS so many times following the installation guide and various other "Success" stories here with this board & chip. But it always panics.

I definitely do not have a good understanding of how much or what to edit in the EFI folders or plist files.

I'm sorry but the image is not good information

(updated : it's just the on board graphics from the MB)

I feel like I'm missing some obvious and critical set of steps here. I purchased this hardware because it's listed on the buys guide in a complete set, so I assumed it was compatible.

I have checked the BIOS so many times following the installation guide and various other "Success" stories here with this board & chip. But it always panics.

I definitely do not have a good understanding of how much or what to edit in the EFI folders or plist files.

Those folders should only be edited normally after accessing the installer
First step: start the installer and install mac to HDD-SSD
Init Unibeast with flags: -v and not restart in kernel panic debug=0x100
take snapshot and share

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back