GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
*UPDATED*[SUCCESS] GA-Z77-DS3H - i5 3570k - nVidia GT640

HI GUys,

First off I would like to say a huge thank you.

I had a very easy install of ML over the last few days and to my knowledge 99% of things work.
System:-

• Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced Black and White edition
  • GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard
  • Intel i5-3570K CPU
  • 16GB (2X8GB) Geil PC3-10660 (10666) 1333MHz C9 EVO Leggera DUAL CHANNEL
  • Sandisk SSD Extreme 240GB
  • 2TB WD Green
  • Gigabyte Geforce GT640 Overclocked (1050Mhz), 2GB GDDR3 (1800Mhz), PCI-E 3.0 , 2x DVI, HDMI, DP
  • TP-Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter, Atheros, 3T3R, 2.4GHz/5GHz
Screen Shot 2012-09-15 at 8.57.05 PM.png
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>​
</plist>

I followed a few guides here:-
Plus the generic guides from TonyMac. To date everything is working fine. I'm not having any kernel panics etc...

What works:-

• Full QE / QI Graphics
  • nVidia GT640 OOB
  • TP LINK Wi FI OOB
  • Targus Bluetooth OOB (Apple Keyboard and Mouse connect)

• Swapped out Targus Bluetooth for Belkin and have full functionality
  • Sound - Had to set to internal speakers

What needs work:-
  • When the system goes to sleep I lose the USB Bluetooth. It will resume after stand-by with power button and after 5 secs KB and Mouse are working

• USB 3.0 doesn't seem to recognise USB 2.0 devices. I haven't tested USB 3.0 yet
  • Can't get the initial boot screen full screen either even though I checked the VESA listings at boot and 1920X1080 was listed.
  • Sometimes I have the white square in the top corner.

Other than that I'm super happy.

Thank you

Willo

:beachball: Now a proud contributor!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPdate:-

My Targus Bluetooth module was working as per the buyers guide and was connected to an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse. That said it wasn't working at boot time eg:- couldn't get it to enter options during boot or bios. Also, my system would sleep but couldn't wake up with Apple Keyboard or mouse activity. I would have to press power button

After some advice from other threads about the Belkin F8T016 Mini Bluetooth Adapter, I have since swapped out the Targus for the Belkin and it works 100%, boot time and will wake the system up......

AWESOME!

TonyMac I think you should change the 2012 buyers guide please......

What is still bugging me:-

The stupid white square at the login screen. It shows up every now and then. Not constant though.
USB 3.0 ports don't recognise USB 2.0 devices
Apple logo boot screen still with black borders even though Video modes at boot shows a 1920x1080x32 entry and I've put it in boot.plist

PS:- Can someone please tell me what the difference between the system states are eg:- Mac Mini vs Mac Pro vs iMac?

I think I'm going to change over to Mac Pro 5,1

Lesson number one, if your system is running and well; "Don't change anything!!!!"

I changed the System definition, re-booted and Kernal Panic. Luckily it was an easy fix, search "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext'

DELETE THIS AND YOU ARE RIGHT TO GO!

We're aware of the Intel USB 3.0 ports not working with USB 2.0 devices. The only solution for this is to use a USB 3.0 hub, or at least the VLI hubs on the GA-Z77-UD5H and UP5 TH boards allow USB 2.0 devices to be plugged in. That said, this is a weird issue, as we presume Apple isn't suffering from this.

Thanks mate,

Any ideas around the flashing white screen and getting apple logo boot screen full screen? I checked Video info at boot and it supported 1920X1080 but adding the line into boot.plist didn't help???

Cheers

Willo

Does anyone know how to get the apple boot screen full screen? It's a tiny little glitch but it really annoys me. I now at boot it supports 1920X1080X32 and I've added that line into the boot.plist file.

Help!

Edit:- Just updated to 10.8.2 via App Store Software update with no dramas.

Only issue is I applied the Ethernet driver again and it states that it is connected all the time now and I'm using wireless. Any known resolution steps???

HI GUys,

My CustoMac is still going strong. One thing I would like to see if I can find an answer for would be SLEEP. If I boot up and do not login, the system will sleep if left unattended.

If I am logged on, it won't sleep. Does anyone have any ideas???

Cheers

Willo

Any help!!!!

Hello,
I got my hackintosh well.. but i also got some bugs problems etc. Here it is;

GA Z77 DS3H - i5 3570k - nVidia GT640 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - 120GB SSD Corsair - 1TB Seagate - TP-Link WDN4800

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with unibeast purchased from app store ... After first restart Im doing the setting all good. Its ok with multibeast 5.1.2 as well. Im choosing my drivers atheros mani'j and realtek with no dsdt.. there is no problem with the others. I restart my hackintosh without thumb drive but it stops at apple logo loading page. If i dont eject the thumb drive after restart i mean if it boot with thumb drive it opens with any problem.. All works good natively but i couldnt set it up with multibeast. I tried the multibeast latest version 5.2.1 it didnt work and there is no option for my atheros ethernet. I dont install chimera 1.11.1 cause gt 640 works natively and also if i install it wont open.
I followed the steps of this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTTbKio_-mU&list=PL713E6FD09C8777C3&index=9

I have no sleep problem and also my logo is not 1080

Any idea ?

I solve the problem with graphic enabler = no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back