Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte A520l AC — Ryzen 7 4700G — Radeon Vega 8 16GB

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 7.52.07 AM.png

One of the bonuses to becoming an American Citizen is having two Christmases within the space of a month, nuts!. Merry Thanks Giving.

Merry Thanks Giving.
Same to you. In reality, today's holiday isn't at all about giving thanks for what you have. It's about over consuming food, sleeping that off and then going out and spending a lot of money to buy more stuff for yourself and to give as Christmas gifts to others a month later.

Here's some history about this US holiday you may not know about. Even back in 1939 Thanksgiving was tied in with retail shopping for Christmas. Black Friday as an unofficial holiday started in the latter 1980s. This year has 5 Thursdays in November.

It wasn't until President Abraham Lincoln's 1863 Proclamation that Thanksgiving was regularly commemorated each year on the last Thursday of November.

In 1939, however, the last Thursday in November fell on the last day of the month. Concerned that the shortened Christmas shopping season might dampen the economic recovery, President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued a Presidential Proclamation moving Thanksgiving to the second to last Thursday of November. As a result of the proclamation, 32 states issued similar proclamations while 16 states refused to accept the change and proclaimed Thanksgiving to be the last Thursday in November. For two years two days were celebrated as Thanksgiving - the President and part of the nation celebrated it on the second to last Thursday in November, while the rest of the country celebrated it the following week.

To end the confusion, Congress decided to set a fixed-date for the holiday. On October 6, 1941, the House passed a joint resolution declaring the last Thursday in November to be the legal Thanksgiving Day. The Senate, however, amended the resolution establishing the holiday as the fourth Thursday, which would take into account those years when November has five Thursdays. The House agreed to the amendment, and President Roosevelt signed the resolution on December 26, 1941, thus establishing the fourth Thursday in November as the Federal Thanksgiving Day holiday.

Screen Shot 13.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some history about this US holiday you may not know about. Even back in 1939 Thanksgiving was tied in with retail shopping for Christmas. Black Friday as an unofficial holiday started in the latter 1980s. This year has 5 Thursdays in November.

It wasn't until President Abraham Lincoln's 1863 Proclamation that Thanksgiving was regularly commemorated each year on the last Thursday of November.

In 1939, however, the last Thursday in November fell on the last day of the month. Concerned that the shortened Christmas shopping season might dampen the economic recovery, President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued a Presidential Proclamation moving Thanksgiving to the second to last Thursday of November. As a result of the proclamation, 32 states issued similar proclamations while 16 states refused to accept the change and proclaimed Thanksgiving to be the last Thursday in November. For two years two days were celebrated as Thanksgiving - the President and part of the nation celebrated it on the second to last Thursday in November, while the rest of the country celebrated it the following week.

To end the confusion, Congress decided to set a fixed-date for the holiday. On October 6, 1941, the House passed a joint resolution declaring the last Thursday in November to be the legal Thanksgiving Day. The Senate, however, amended the resolution establishing the holiday as the fourth Thursday, which would take into account those years when November has five Thursdays. The House agreed to the amendment, and President Roosevelt signed the resolution on December 26, 1941, thus establishing the fourth Thursday in November as the Federal Thanksgiving Day holiday.

View attachment 574764

newlogo_thanksgiving.png

Happy thanksgiving! :thumbup: :mrgreen::ugeek:

It's difficult to know which change I made suddenly improved the performance of the 4700G. Often a simple change to your EFI or an update to a kext will give you small incremental visual difference, a transition in finder or a couple extra points in a benchmark. Was it updating the NootedRed.kext or enabling shaneee's patch in the config?, a combination of both then!. DIRT Rally found its Mojo, often a disappointing experience in the past, running on minimum settings at 20 - 30 FPS!. Now 39 -45 FPS on high settings, how did that happen?. Nothing showed up in GB6 but Unigine caught it. Previously 25.4 FPS/Score 1061.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 1.55.33 PM.png

Bling!, treated my build to some seasonal LED via Lian-Li, love the yellow snow effect!.

YellowSnow.jpeg
yellowsnowbox.jpg

This is my most used Hack, I spend more time in front of this build than I do the 'Brutal' 5700X paired with 6700XT or the 'Tiny' Ren5000. Dual boot now!, Windows 11 Home version sits on a Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD. The gaming is surprisingly good, constant 60 FPS just not at 1080!, but for short bursts of Overwatch, Destiny 2 and DIRT Rally it's good enough for me. Updated to Sonoma 14.3 without any drama, though I hear 'Drama' is heading our way via the 14.4 update for macOS Sonoma. CaseySJ has some recommendations for avoiding the 'Drama', though it's going to mean disabling the Airportitlwm.kext until there's a patch. In related news 14.4 isn't working with NootedRed.kext, there's a bug report on GitHub for updates, I might hold off and stick with 14.3.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 10.00.13 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 9.58.13 AM.png

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this! You're a real inspiration! I think I'll build my last hackintosh around this.

Do you think it will work with Ryzen 5 5600G?

Have you seen this?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back