Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X - i9 10850K - RX580 - OpenCore 0.9.1 4k - Ventura 13.3.1 - Video Editing

@afuera Could you attach the last version of EFI with working usb ports, please?

Last edited:
Hi, is it possible to get 4K 60Hz from UHD 630 (i5-10400 & Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X) using DisplayPort to HDMI adapter (ex. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BQY88KL/)?
I am not sure on this particular board, but I just experienced issues with adapters on my Dell build. They meant the DisplayPorts went to black screen. Once adapters removed, everything was OK again. I think trying to use adapters (without a full GPU card) screws up the hackintosh output.

Afuera, have you attempted to update this build to Ventura by any chance? I am building my final Hackintosh using your build as the blueprint.
Just Did! :wave:

Afuera, have you attempted to update this build to Ventura by any chance? I am building my final Hackintosh using your build as the blueprint.
I've just updated the EFI, #1 Post and Thread to Ventura, I updated through System Preference like a normal Mac and the build and EFI seem perfect running Ventura

Thanks for the reply, I am ordering the parts this week.
I've just updated the EFI, #1 Post and Thread to Ventura, I updated through System Preference like a normal Mac and the build and EFI seem perfect running Ventura

I finally got around to ordering the parts (I had to try SIX different vendors in Hong Kong before I was able to find a place that actually had this motherboard in stock, five of them cancelled my order). I'm currently installing Windows and plan to start on MacOS tomorrow. I have a very similar but not identical configuration to yours. For example, the CPU is a Core i7 10700F, and the GPU is an RX 6600 XT. (Same motherboard!) How much work is it going to be for me to modify your EFI to work with this GPU and CPU? Do you have any advice, other than trying to follow Dortania's guide?

BTW, I got the Noctua NH-U12S fan and am very pleased with how silent it is, at least when the CPU cores are not maxed out.

I find cheap i9 10900K and 128GB RAM, now using RX580, 8GB i5 7600K MSI Bazooka H270 32 GB ram Clover. I want to make little bit better hackintsosh. I looking for new motherboard for i9; this mb looking pretty fine for i9 and 128GB RAM. I can take RX580 from old machine but I never make hack with OC. Looks like I can use your OC EFI if I buy the same motherboard. I don't want to buy a new graphics card, they are too expensive.Because if I buy one, it is better to buy a Mac Studio for same money. I do video editing in 4K with Davinci Resolve

@afuera I modified your EFI (generated my own SMBios, added the necessary boot arg for my GPU, used the iMac 20,1 system definition to account for the CPU I am using), but I am getting a kernel panic on the installer USB. According to the OpenCore Sanity Check, the things that are wrong in my config.plist are [Drivers]
  • Need either VBoxHfs.efi, OpenHfsPlus.efi or HfsPlus.efi here
  • OpenRuntime.efi is missing
Both HfsPlus.efi and OpenRuntime.efi actually are in the OC\Drivers folder and referenced in your/my config.plist, just as they are in Dortania's Guide for Comet Lake. My hardware is the same as yours, except I swapped out your GPU and CPU for a 6600 XT with a 10700-F (and I'm using a different case). I believe I duplicated all of your BIOS settings. Are there other changes I needed to make to your config.plist that I forgot about? Which version of the BIOS are you using?

Last edited:
Back