Contribute
Register

Success! i7-2600k - GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 - 16GB RAM - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! OK...you caught me. I'm envious.

Actually, I like having a VG graphics card if I'm going to have one. My P55M-UD4 / i7-875K systems has the Gigabyte 5770 Batmobile which gives me great results. So, if I see deal, I'll get one.

Stork said:
LOL! OK...you caught me. I'm envious.

Actually, I like having a VG graphics card if I'm going to have one. My P55M-UD4 / i7-875K systems has the Gigabyte 5770 Batmobile which gives me great results. So, if I see deal, I'll get one.
Just because for me they're very pricey. :oops: :lol:

cem2ran said:
Are you experiencing any video artifacts/glitches with the HD3000? I have a fairly similar setup just with a i5-2500k...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42907&p=280813

no artifacts, no freezes
it's running since christmas, hope to be a special one ;)
I have 480MB allocated from 12GB

Not special, but part of the crowd. Users with artifacts in Lion 10.7.2 are among the small minority. True, you might occasionally get one, but I think 10.7.3 will get rid of them all together. Maturing BIOS will also help.

Anyone dare to update their DSDT to F12?

I'm currently running F11 on 10.7.2 (very stable), but I always have the need to update stuff. Although I know the saying: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, things might even be better after fixing it :cool:

I'll try dual monitor setup tonight. Atm I'm happily using DisplayPort @ IntelHD3000 @ Dell U2711 @ 2560x1440

Cheers,
Chris

Hi, i'm sticking with the F11 and i don't see the point to update as long as everything works!

Please let me know how did you manage the dual monitor setup, i'm really curious about it..

gelkamar said:
Hi, i'm sticking with the F11 and i don't see the point to update as long as everything works!

Please let me know how did you manage the dual monitor setup, i'm really curious about it..
Unfortunately, I've been getting more artifacts the last couple of days. Really strange. I might be updating DSDT to see if this fixes the problem, although I guess I know the answer..

About the dual screen setup, I've been really busy the last weeks, so hopefully I'll get to it anytime soon.. Keep you posted!

hi guys.. sorry for bothering but can you confirm if sleep works 100% with this motherboard? for me is a very important feature.. thanks!

Congrats to your build! Mine has very similar specs. I had problems with graphics engine hangs and artifacts in the beginning. After a fresh install I decided to go with just 8GB of RAM, no flash plugin and also no Firefox. Haven't had a single glitch since then. I just put the other 8GB of RAM back in today to see if it actually does anything and got a small artifact immediately. Now I'm checking it with memtest to see if there's anything wrong with the RAM. If it turns out I get the freezes again with 16GB I'll try 12GB next.

Hi,

This is my first hackintosh build and I'm typing from my F11 bios GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 with i5-2500K and 8GB RAM system! I followed Frostcall's and your threads while following TonyMac's step by step instructions. I'm getting some video artifacts using the HD3000 and sleep/wake doesn't work but pretty much everything else runs extremely well.

The one thing I'm getting stuck is in the combo 10.72 update. Whether I update right after the initial Unibeast install boot up before running Multibeast for the first time or after running Multibeast and using 10.7 for a little, my system won't boot up after the update restart. It stops at the spinning wheel and hangs there. Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back