Contribute
Register

Success! i7-2600k - GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 - 16GB RAM - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
moly82 said:
hi guys.. sorry for bothering but can you confirm if sleep works 100% with this motherboard? for me is a very important feature.. thanks!
I can confirm that sleep does work (I pressed space on my keyboard to wake my system up), however my USB ports don't work after resuming from sleep. If I connect another USB mouse after waking up, I can move my pointer..

Will be trying to sizedown my RAM to see if the artifacts stop turning up..

thanks a lot for the answer ;)

I will choose soon if get this mobo or the z68ma which costs a little less and should be compatible as well..

bye!

My system seems to run well now with 12GB of RAM installed and no flash.
I would love to have a bootable backup for the system SSD but so far nothing seems to work for me except installing everything twice, But then I get problems with the AppStore and other software licenses. Somehow I can't boot with my unibeast stick at all now.
It gets stuck after the Lnx2Mac Kext no matter what I try. Sure would be convenient to just clone the drive to an external but I tried CCC and SD but couldn't get those clones to boot at all. Any more info on the correct way of backing up a Hackintosh system drive would be very helpful! Anyone?

kryz said:
My system seems to run well now with 12GB of RAM installed and no flash.
I would love to have a bootable backup for the system SSD but so far nothing seems to work for me except installing everything twice, But then I get problems with the AppStore and other software licenses. Somehow I can't boot with my unibeast stick at all now.
It gets stuck after the Lnx2Mac Kext no matter what I try. Sure would be convenient to just clone the drive to an external but I tried CCC and SD but couldn't get those clones to boot at all. Any more info on the correct way of backing up a Hackintosh system drive would be very helpful! Anyone?

I don't have a SSD but I use CCC to clone my Lion 10.70 partition to a backup partition which boots up fine. Same board and bios and HD3000 video as you. Only I use the Realtek 2.0.6 ethernet not the Lnx2Mac...ethernet connection works well. Doubt it's the different ethernet kext that's causing your issue or maybe it's the external backup (usb?)

And there you have it.. Dual screen works!

Well, at least, DiplayPort on screen1 and HDMI on screen2 works well. When I connected VGA to screen2 OSx didn't 'see' another monitor.

Besides that, the artifacts remain. As mentioned in a previous post, i'll take out some RAM to see if this has anything to do with the problem.

More on that later..

Apple OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion) doesn't support VGA. Apple hasn't supported VGA in a OS in....almost a decade.

qris said:
And there you have it.. Dual screen works!

Well, at least, DiplayPort on screen1 and HDMI on screen2 works well. When I connected VGA to screen2 OSx didn't 'see' another monitor.

Besides that, the artifacts remain. As mentioned in a previous post, i'll take out some RAM to see if this has anything to do with the problem.

More on that later..

Great! i've just received a display port to VGA adapter from ebay and it works!
I have a working dual screen setup, an old dell monitor attached to DP via the adapter, and a new monitor to HDMI
no artifacts with 12gb ram..
it would be interesting to investigate if the artifacts are related to the ram amount, so keep on troubleshooting my friend
i have a problem with win 7 when mounting 16gb, it goes extremely slow!
but it produces no problem on the mac side

Stork said:
Apple OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion) doesn't support VGA. Apple hasn't supported VGA in a OS in....almost a decade.
I almost sure I used my MacBook via a mini DP-to-VGA cable on my older VGA screen, running Snow Leopard. Or I am mistaken.. Mmh :)

I haven't had to chance to check out my system further but I followed tonymac's recommendation to change the GPU frame frequency in the bios from auto to 1100. This supposedly minimizes the artifacts. I've read others have suggested dropping it down to 1000 to minimize it even further...

Here's tony's post from another thread: viewtopic.php?p=230560#p230560

qris said:
Stork said:
I almost sure I used my MacBook via a mini DP-to-VGA cable on my older VGA screen, running Snow Leopard. Or I am mistaken.. Mmh :)
VGA out from the mobo or graphics card. Nothing will come from a VGA port after booting into SL or Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back