Contribute
Register

SUCCESS Sandy Bridge: Gigabyte GA Z68A + i5 2400+ RX 560

That is because you need to re-inject the necessary AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts to re-enablle SMC CPU Power Management. I've explained this more than once now and mentioned it in my guides or Ivy and Sandy Bridge. I also have an Ivy Bridge notebook and I can even run Sonoma on it – without iGPU acceleration, but the OS is running

スクリーンショット 2023-06-19 14.28.10.png

The content of Config.plist is "I will create SSDT-PM now", and the content of ACPI/SSDT-PM.aml is E5-2665.

But your SSDT-PM is disabled. If you have a working SSDT-PM for your CPU alteady you don't need to generate a new one!

Even HP8200 can be booted in this state if it is HighSierra or later.
The panic log is the same as the ELCapitan and Sierra logs that I've seen so many times

The same principle applies to Sandy Bridge except additional SurPlus Patches which need to be enabled.

The same principle applies to Sandy Bridge except additional SurPlus Patches which need to be enabled.
SandyBrifgr got PowerManagement working fine for Mojave and later, thanks a lot.
Please let me know if there is a solution for the AppleHDA problem somewhere.

The USB installation with OpenCore 0.9.3 Ventura 13.4 was successful, so I will attach the result.

@moosefuel
1. Set PlatformInfo/Generic for you.
2. Set NVRAM/Add/7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82/prev-lang:kbd to your language.
3. If you can't proceed to the language selection screen, try changing the SMBIOS settings.

If you have progressed to the language selection screen, you cannot use LegacyBoot with the attached sample, so stop the PC (with the Power button, etc.), change the USB config.plist to the setting specified by 5T33Z0, and then restart.

@5T33Z0
It wasn't a PowerManagement problem, sorry to bother you.
IvyBridge allows USB installation according to your instructions, but SandyBridge seems to need to install with supported SMBIOS once.

Attachments

• HP8200_sample.plist.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back