ATI Radeon HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone!
This forum has been a huge help in order to make my hackintosh to work.

Well, the deals is that I bought this computer from a friend, he wanted to build a hackintosh, but he later bought a MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini, so he no longer needed this one and sold it to me.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.41GHz
RAM: Saikano 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz (1x8GB) (used a generic 4GB DDR3 Module for the installation)
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD5770

Later added:
PCI FireWire TI chipset (generic/I really don't remember the brand)
M Audio ProFire 2626 (is this baby the reason I don't even care about onboard sound, I don't even know if it's working)

So, after I bashed my head against the wall over and over, I decided to take a deep breath, and everything went beautifully smooth.

I used both MultiBeast and iBoot Legacy from this page. Didn't used the DSDT for this motherboard, I didn't need it.
At first I tried with Update 10.6.7, but just to try, I used 10.6.8 and everything went better, of course, UpdateHelper was used.
4LTs of orange juice, a box of Wonka Nerds and a lot of patience and love.
Of course, my whole weekend and a day off from work.

1. Checked BIOS for HPET and AHCI to be enabled.
2. Inserted iBoot Legacy. Booted, insterted Mac OSX DVD, pressed F5. Didn't use any command but verbose (-v) just to check.
3. Erased my HDD just to be sure.
4. Disabled everything in "Customize"
5. Installed and rebooted. Inserted iBoot Legacy Again.
6. Ran UpdateHelper. Reboot.
7. Updated to 10.6.8 (used the current date), minimized instead of restart.
8. In MultiBeast checked Easy DSDT and System Utilites, IOAHCBlockStorageInjector on Disk, Fake SMC and plugins, hnak's AppleIntel, Chimera bootloader and 32-bit AppleBootScreen (my friend recommended to try 32 and then go to 64 after checking everything was working, it worked for me.
9. Reboot.

Voilá! I insterted the Ethernet Cable and I was good to go.

AFTER INSTALL.
I switched from the 4GB memory to the 8GB module and BAM! 8GB memory recognized at 1333 MHz, something I could not achieve before. (It got stucked on 4GB at 800MHz)
I then installed my PCI FireWire card, since I work with it and the onboard FireWire was not TI Chipset. Connected the power to it from the power supply (It think it's only for HDD's and stuff) but the System Profiler said there was nothing connected. Gave it a try anyway with the ProFire 2626, downloaded the drivers from M Audio and BOOM! I've got a professional audio interface working, still have to check with ProTools, but hopefully it will work fine (I'll rip off my testicles if not)

I didn't checked anything else (Sleep, speedtest) since I don't really want to mess with things I don't need since I have a working and stable system, maybe if someone has an idea I could try without risking the balance I already have I may give it a shot.

The thing I'd like to see, if maybe gave it a little speed up to the processor, since it's the K series, I'd like to make it a little faster in order to make my work easier and smoother, anyone has any idea to try?

Again thanks so much to everyone that helped, and of course the whole community.
Maybe I'll try with my old computer just to see if I can make them work with Mac.

Hello everyone!
This forum has been a huge help in order to make my hackintosh to work.

Well, the deals is that I bought this computer from a friend, he wanted to build a hackintosh, but he later bought a MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini, so he no longer needed this one and sold it to me.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.41GHz
RAM: Saikano 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz (1x8GB) (used a generic 4GB DDR3 Module for the installation)
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD5770

Later added:
PCI FireWire TI chipset (generic/I really don't remember the brand)
M Audio ProFire 2626 (is this baby the reason I don't even care about onboard sound, I don't even know if it's working)

So, after I bashed my head against the wall over and over, I decided to take a deep breath, and everything went beautifully smooth.

I used both MultiBeast and iBoot Legacy from this page. Didn't used the DSDT for this motherboard, I didn't need it.
At first I tried with Update 10.6.7, but just to try, I used 10.6.8 and everything went better, of course, UpdateHelper was used.
4LTs of orange juice, a box of Wonka Nerds and a lot of patience and love.
Of course, my whole weekend and a day off from work.

1. Checked BIOS for HPET and AHCI to be enabled.
2. Inserted iBoot Legacy. Booted, insterted Mac OSX DVD, pressed F5. Didn't use any command but verbose (-v) just to check.
3. Erased my HDD just to be sure.
4. Disabled everything in "Customize"
5. Installed and rebooted. Inserted iBoot Legacy Again.
6. Ran UpdateHelper. Reboot.
7. Updated to 10.6.8 (used the current date), minimized instead of restart.
8. In MultiBeast checked Easy DSDT and System Utilites, IOAHCBlockStorageInjector on Disk, Fake SMC and plugins, hnak's AppleIntel, Chimera bootloader and 32-bit AppleBootScreen (my friend recommended to try 32 and then go to 64 after checking everything was working, it worked for me.
9. Reboot.

Voilá! I insterted the Ethernet Cable and I was good to go.

AFTER INSTALL.
I switched from the 4GB memory to the 8GB module and BAM! 8GB memory recognized at 1333 MHz, something I could not achieve before. (It got stucked on 4GB at 800MHz)
I then installed my PCI FireWire card, since I work with it and the onboard FireWire was not TI Chipset. Connected the power to it from the power supply (It think it's only for HDD's and stuff) but the System Profiler said there was nothing connected. Gave it a try anyway with the ProFire 2626, downloaded the drivers from M Audio and BOOM! I've got a professional audio interface working, still have to check with ProTools, but hopefully it will work fine (I'll rip off my testicles if not)

I didn't checked anything else (Sleep, speedtest) since I don't really want to mess with things I don't need since I have a working and stable system, maybe if someone has an idea I could try without risking the balance I already have I may give it a shot.

The thing I'd like to see, if maybe gave it a little speed up to the processor, since it's the K series, I'd like to make it a little faster in order to make my work easier and smoother, anyone has any idea to try?

Again thanks so much to everyone that helped, and of course the whole community.
Maybe I'll try with my old computer just to see if I can make them work with Mac.

bata - gongrats on this one ...

Some input about what you posted -
If you not using the onboard sound you could if you wanted to - disable that in the BIOS
Also not sure if your MB has a Firewire chip (400MB speed) this too could be disabled in the BIOS if you wanted to
As to working w the Firewire - it maybe that you need it connected and then boot up - only worked w a makeshift 400 mb box and didn't go any farther as I have several external eSATA ports. Your TI chipset has (or should have 800 MB support) again check About the Mac - More Info - System report!

Your Pro Audio should work ( I have no experience w it - not for wanting too) But is you have questions we have a separate AUDIO Forum that has more able posters that in this forum.

All of these options should show up in the "About this Mac - More Info - System report"

Check System Preferences / network what you should see is that the first Network connection is defined as Ethernet and is green - if the FireWire is the first you need to delete this - as when you connect to the app store that app store check the network for Ethernet First not FireWire.

So check if you can create a APP store account and log in - try to download a free game or something.

If so then you can download then you can update any time on this machine - Buy ML and make a ML flash Drive. And Keep on OSX 10.6.8 with this one ....isn't having a HackIntosh Grand !!!

If you have issues w APP store do some Google searches - In my case I had to use Chameleon Wizard - available form downloads - and give the system a serial number by selecting one in she SMBIOS section. This solved my login issues .

Now as to performance - Suggest you look at a SSD for some kick
The CPU you have is one step below the current Intel Core i7-2700K which is the top of the line in the i7's.

Suggest you look at the over clocking Forum we have - see if you can get some added performance.

Then the last is the Video card - and for Pro Tools this is not much of a needed inprovement unless you think other wise
But do remember you have to be very selective with any "newer Video card" as Apple and the GFX manufactures have stopped any development for Kexts on these video cards - and FERMI is a problem in OSX 10.6.8 I think the best GFX card for SL is a reference design ATI 6950/70.

Again your looking a some research and I would leave this for last.

Enjoy...

PPS - Forgot this - its always good to know what BIOS version you have or is installed when you built the Hack -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back