Contribute
Register

Success to 10.7.3 using h61n-usb3 MB, Mac Mini I3-2105 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This motherboard works fine, i followed Tonymacs unibeast lion instructions, everything works hd 3000 etc... no issues i use this mini everyday for a few months now with no issues....."

And the HDMI works with no tweaks? What were your Multibeast settings?

Thanks

I'm using dvi cable with hdmi can go full 1080 have not tried the hdmi audio no concern to me, all my audio ports work front and rear , have had the mini hooked up to a 48 inch tv with full 1080, and audio out to my pioneer receiver.........

I did basically this same build with the exception that I used an I3-2125 cpu.

The initial install was successful, but after trying to flash the dsdt for the F3 bios, I kept getting kernel panics. I saw that some people had success with the F2 version, so I flashed the older bios and its dsdt with no problems.

Well, almost no problems. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to wake back up after putting it to sleep. I'm hesitant to go back the the F3 bios because of the earlier problems, but that might be the only way.

Any suggestions?

Strange, I flashed F3 with no issues albeit before I installed Lion. Perhaps thats the issue though I am not sure.

My HDMI doesn't work on my MacPro3.1 setting. On an earlier insatall I MultiBeasted it as a Macmini config but got kernel panics on re-boot so I stuck with macpro as it is stable. If I reconfigure it as Macmini and it does the same can I re-MultiBeast it back to MacPro without having to re-install Lion?

Cheers

Update: I had nullcpupowermanagement loading on a tip from somewhere else to avoid kernal panics. After removing that, I'm able to sleep/wake successfully still using the F2 bios.

DVI port output

Hi there, has anyone been using this build with the an adapter in the DVI port in order to connect to a VGA monitor? I understand that VGA output is not supported from the mobo, but does a DVI to VGA adapter work? The mobo website suggests it doesn't but I just wanted to check first to possibly save buying a new monitor... Thanks! I'll post on here once the build is done to tell how it goes :)

Macbook pro infrared board (GS18041)from PowerbookMedic.com cost was 9.95, i spliced it with a usb connector and connected on external usb port, apple remote was 25 bucks from the apple store.

The remote is awesome, works with Plex too......... You can control safari, iTunes just about any app......

evolutg said:
...it started loading with apple but after 30 second the image freeze.
I have the same motherboard and processor and I have seen this problem, but it stopped bothering me once I understood what was happening. I wonder if you have the same issue.

In my case, what happened is that when the grey Apple logo is supposed to disappear and switch to the Mac OS desktop, the video also switches to the other port, i.e., my monitor was connected to the DVI port, and the action suddenly jumps to the HDMI port. Meanwhile, the last image that was showing on the DVI port (the Apple logo) remains frozen there, but it is not the system that is frozen, it is just the video circuitry that kind of memorized the last image it got.

So how did you end up solving this issue? Im having the problem now. I dont have a monitor with HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back