3. Classic
  4. Color Classic
  5. iMac
  6. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hello wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem. I have a 2.) surfacebook 1 running El Capitan.
One is on older UEFI firmware and one is on new Firmware.

I have two issues one is minor until this is resolved but that issues is although I have done fresh install and clone options I can’t get Mac OS X to load off newly installed SSD i get waiting for root device everything is the same with the two SSD same manufacturer same model even down to the files except one them one is 128gb and one is 256gb both Samsung drives I can boot from usb off this drive but not internally when I boot verbose I get waiting for root device so for now I can only boot internally off 128gb trying to upgrade 256gb

My main issue
The one that’s on old firmware is using clover version 4988 I can boot whatever I want giving I have to right config and files but the surfacebook on new firmware will load clover but when I try to start Mac OS X nothing happens I perform a OS migration windows works Still Mac OS X doesn’t boot fresh installs of Mac no boot boot from SSD from Other Working Surfacebook Still Nothing
The progress bar below Apple logo doesn’t even try show up when I try to boot from that laptop I see everyone installing newer version of Mac OS X on these devices using OpenCore but I don’t really want to go that route plus I haven’t tried it yet nor am I familiar with the newer versions of Mac OS like Monterey and so on before this update this surfacebook could run el although to Mojave as far as I tested I could deal with Mojave but on this device the only operating system where I can play games videos and all my apps is El Capitan on sierra games don’t load and the ones that do the window is shows up in is black and some games cause the OS to crash so El Capitan as old as it is has been my sweet spot so any help would be appreciated

Hello wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem I have a 2.) surfacebook 1 running El Capitan
One is on older UEFI firmware and one is on new Firmware
I have two issues one is minor until this is resolved but that issues is although I have done fresh install and clone options I can’t get Mac OS X to load off newly installed SSD i get waiting for root device everything is the same with the two SSD same manufacturer same model even down to the files except one them one is 128gb and one is 256gb both Samsung drives I can boot from usb off this drive but not internally when I boot verbose I get waiting for root device so for now I can only boot internally off 128gb trying to upgrade 256gb

My main issue
The one that’s on old firmware is using clover version 4988 I can boot whatever I want giving I have to right config and files but the surfacebook on new firmware will load clover but when I try to start Mac OS X nothing happens I perform a OS migration windows works Still Mac OS X doesn’t boot fresh installs of Mac no boot boot from SSD from Other Working Surfacebook Still Nothing
The progress bar below Apple logo doesn’t even try show up when I try to boot from that laptop I see everyone installing newer version of Mac OS X on these devices using OpenCore but I don’t really want to go that route plus I haven’t tried it yet nor am I familiar with the newer versions of Mac OS like Monterey and so on before this update this surfacebook could run el although to Mojave as far as I tested I could deal with Mojave but on this device the only operating system where I can play games videos and all my apps is El Capitan on sierra games don’t load and the ones that do the window is shows up in is black and some games cause the OS to crash so El Capitan as old as it is has been my sweet spot so any help would be appreciated
you had the same issue in 2021:

what did you do then to fix it?

I had never fixed the issue I kinda just put it to bed for a bit as I had things in life come up but now I’m trying to retackle and find a fix for good and also at the time neither the SB1 or SB2 had these updates installed my only issue was booting from internal SSD on SB2 El Capitan Sierra worked but I want El Capitan but now firmware update has been applied to SB2 and I have another SB1 with the update I can’t get to boot which is my question here

I had never fixed the issue I kinda just put it to bed for a bit as I had things in life come up but now I’m trying to retackle and find a fix for good and also at the time neither the SB1 or SB2 had these updates installed my only issue was booting from internal SSD on SB2 El Capitan Sierra worked but I want El Capitan but now firmware update has been applied to SB2 and I have another SB1 with the update I can’t get to boot which is my question here

Back