Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC kit - Core i3 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, found the solution! We must create an Unibeast Laptop and Legacy USB compatible... Works like a charm!

Thanks! This helped me with my installation problems (waiting for root device). I also had to do a rollback (mentioned in another post) of AppleACPIPlatform.kext (10.9.5) in order to get a stable system.

Hi has anyone got Yosemite working on the GB-XM12-3227, I can get it to boot from the USB using UniBeast 5.0.1 but at about 50% of the way from the initial Installer boot it stops with the error "Still waiting for root device"

Have you tried a different USB drive? The Unibeast Yosemite installer works for me with no messing around.

Has anyone had any success with Clover? I have a good setup with Chimera but I would like to have iMessage working again. Every time I try Clover I can't get the machine to boot in combination with a 1440p monitor over display port. I think it doesn't allocate the RAM for the HD4000 correctly.

Ok, found the solution! We must create an Unibeast Laptop and Legacy USB compatible... Works like a charm!

Hi I tried your solution too, but it would not work out by now.

What happens when I choose the intstallation-button of Yosemite at the UniBeast-Bootloader is, that it runs to the point where the AppleBootScreen pops up and a little moment after that the whole sytem reboots again.
No kernel panik, nothing... only rebooting till it stops again by the USB-Bootloader-Screen of Yosemite.

By now I see 3 Symbols at the bootscreen:
- 1st one is the one with Yosemite,
- 2nd with a Win7-symbol and it says "System-reserved",
- 3rd also with a Win7-symbol and it says "Windows NTFS".

I use a Gigabyte Brix Pro Processor: Intel Core i7-4770R with already Win7 installed, which shell be overwritten and disappear after successfully installing Mac OSX 10.10.

So my question is, what do I have to do different?

And maybe... Do I have to update the BIOS from actually F3 to F5?

What did you type in at the bootscreen?

Guys, if anyone has an helpful idea I would be happy to hear from you. Thank you :)

Hi I tried your solution too, but it would not work out by now.

I use a Gigabyte Brix Pro Processor: Intel Core i7-4770R with already Win7 installed, which shell be overwritten and disappear after successfully installing Mac OSX 10.10.

So my question is, what do I have to do different?

And maybe... Do I have to update the BIOS from actually F3 to F5?

I fixed the problem by updating the Bios from F3 to F5. For the update I used Windows 7 and the flashprogram that Gigabyte is offering to you if you ask for it. You also find the programm in the attachments. Have a look for "windowsflashutilityandSOPBrix.zip"

After that, I followed the installation guide of Yosemite:http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

...and now it gets to the point, where I get kernel panic, see at the attached pictures.(Sorry, the last picture is the 1st one.)

Please, can anyone help me!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 166
  • windowsflashutilityandSOPBrix.zip
    651.8 KB · Views: 123
Not sure if you are getting stuck like me. This is what worked for me installing Yosemite.

GIGABYTE BRIX GB-XM12-3227, running F6 bios
I had already installed mavericks, but wanted a clean Yosemite install.

• First make a USB installer drive using the Unibeast tool. Select options for Laptop and Legacy compatibility (like the instructions here)
  • Boot from the USB (pressing F12 at boot.) and into the installer (don't install yet!)
  • Use the disk utility to make a clean partition (I tried to use an existing partition and then got puzzled by error messages similar to the last post)
  • Now install Yosemite onto the newly created partition
  • Try to reboot...i now get the Boot0 error, so follow the next step to fix it
  • Reboot from the USB (pressing F12 at boot) and again into the USB installer. Use the disk utility to unmount the SSD and then run the following command in terminal:
  • dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
  • Shut down and boot from the USB (pressing F12 at boot) and into your new Yosemite install
  • Time to run Multibeast so that it will boot up without the USB dongle.
  • Here are my working Multibeast settings (1080p screen) which can be loaded using the "Load" button on the top right of the window.View attachment MBsamconfig.mb. After installing seems to be working properly...
Here are the same settings in text for manual reference:
MultiBeast Configuration - 2014-11-13 09:16:24-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > EasyBeast
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD3000/HD4000 HDMI AudioDrivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA

Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.0 TRIM PatchDrivers > Misc > ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328

Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display ModeCustomize > Boot Options > Basic Boot OptionsCustomize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - DesktopCustomize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCacheCustomize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Hey,

sorry, no, it is still the same bummer.

As far as I understand the panic right, it hast to do with the diver of (apple)USB(-Hub).

Any suggestions to that...

I would be happy if there is also someone who can directly invite Tony (Admin) to this subject. Maybe he has a solving idea.
I am not allowed to send him a private message cause of having not enough posts.
I also tried to get rid of the panic by using this page an the linked Wikipedia-page:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104536-troubleshooting-issuing-boot-flags.html

I tried things like:
- cpus=1
- maxmem=8192 or 4096
- PCIRootUID=0
- USBLegacyOff=Yes
- "-x"

seperat, together
... but there was no solving response at all.

See the pictures below.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 157
Maybe You have problems with VT-X / VT-d.
Try to boot with dart=0 -x -v or disable VT in BIOS

Hey,

sorry, no, it is still the same bummer.

As far as I understand the panic right, it hast to do with the diver of (apple)USB(-Hub).

Any suggestions to that...

I would be happy if there is also someone who can directly invite Tony (Admin) to this subject. Maybe he has a solving idea.
I am not allowed to send him a private message cause of having not enough posts.
I also tried to get rid of the panic by using this page an the linked Wikipedia-page:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104536-troubleshooting-issuing-boot-flags.html

I tried things like:
- cpus=1
- maxmem=8192 or 4096
- PCIRootUID=0
- USBLegacyOff=Yes
- "-x"

seperat, together
... but there was no solving response at all.

See the pictures below.

i have the same brix pro i7 and the same problems! :banghead:

Hi Broupe...

WOw... i know it 2016 now... Did anyone get El Capitan or Sierra to work on this machine.
I grabbed one of this box as the were out of manufacture at a good price....

I can't even get it to boot on 10.9 or 10.8.. there is no instructions on how to set the bios..
and created the boot USB....I think your instruction above is for the post installation...

Regards

bd4utonite2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back