Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New version of FCPX today...someone test please?

i have a nividia gtx660ti card and my mother board is gigabyte z77nwifi the graphics card wont work when installed screen just stays black, i duno how to set it up at all pls help

Wel, maybe it's not seated properly in the pcie slot? or perhaps its a dead card.

Yeah, if you can't get to the BIOS screen my guess is that there's something wrong with the card. If you do see the BIOS screen ok and the TonyMac Apple loading screen, but nothing afterwards, you probably need to set your graphics enabler = no and tweak a couple of other settings.

I have a little problem with my card. (Gainward Phantom NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti)

When booted, everything works fine so far and doens't make any problems. But I have strange lines in the chimera screen, when the waiting time passes as well as when I want to select a boot drive.
Have tried an other skin so far, no change...
anyone an idea how to solve this?

Attachments

• IMAG0451.jpg
    IMAG0451.jpg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 255
double post. sorry

**** YEAH!!! OpenCL is working now.

For those with a 660Ti with more than 2gb ram and in ML 10.8.2 do the following:

1. Boot in safe mode (-x)
  2. Open the OpenCL file with HexEdit located at /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL/Versions/A/OpenCL
  3. Open the find & replace (cmd+f), select HEX.
  4. Find 3d 01 00 00 80 73 e7 replace for 3d 01 00 00 80 90 90
  5. Find ff 50 68 48 39 d8 73 e5 replace it for ff 50 68 48 39 d8 90 90
  6. Save and replace the OpenCL in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL/Versions/A
  7. Extract the kexts of the nvidia driver package with Pacifist
  8. Install it with Kext Wizard (or Kext Beast), repair permissions and rebuild cache
  9. Reboot

That worked for me. There are 3 common problems with this task: trying to edit the OpenCL without safe mode (bugs the whole system and it`ll not boot anymore), not repairing permissions (it`ll not boot until you do so) and installing the multibeast or netkas GeForce Something.lyb fix (i wasted a lot of time until i realized that the normal nvidia drivers do the trick).

I have a a Galaxy 660Ti with 3gb ram and now OpenCL and triple monitors configuration works (you need nvidia drivers for all 3 monitors).

Here is the Luxmark bench:
View attachment 34506

Credit for the HEX Fix: Netkas (the god :D)

New to posting here so cut me some slack, but I am trying to follow your steps and have a few questions. Is it necessary to follow the step to get OpenCL working inorder to achieve triple monitor support? If I can achieve triple monitor without OpenCL do I just skip to the managing of the .kext files?

Also, I opened up the Nvidia driver and found these drivers: http://imgur.com/LTbXs

am I to install them all, or just a few of them?

Any help would be beyond appreciated.

Well, check your console and see what's the error it shows when you wake your system from sleep, mine is ...

Code:
NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x1f = Fifo: MMU Error

so its differently the 660 ti!

BTW, I installed a fresh ML, tried every possible combination: 10.8.1 with OpenCL patch from MB, 10.8.2 with/without OpenCL patch from MB (since 10.8.2 should has full native kepler support and dont need the patched openCL method, 10.8.2 without latest Nvidia drivers for 10.8.2. All with the same issue.

CustoMac 2012 post says 660 Ti are supported, @thelostswede has the exact same card as me (Galaxy GTX 660 Ti GC 2GB, actually I bought this card after his recommendation for it) with no problems as he said (touch wood), but the fact that the most of us with 600 Ti have problems!!! is it possible to be solved? by patched kext maybe? something in chimera? not sure! I'm advanced user and it's not the first time with hackintosh, I read a lot, and know how to find my way when there's a problem, BUT I'm not a software coder, so I don't know what the error above means, and can't find a solution myself. Really frustrated :( The problem is: In my country, it's not available to return a product just because it doesn't fit my needs, it should has a technical issue to be able to return it, so I have to resell it with lose, to switch to 670 for example or just stay with my old 5770, so I'm a total loser here :(

I think this card should be removed from the CustoMac 2012 post, unless there is a possible solution for its problems.

I've got exactly the same problem with my Asus Direct CU II. Driving me crazy. Channel exceptions (Fifio / MMU) as described. Results are random screen freezing in games (not often) and random wake to black screen (wake works sometimes, mostly not).

While having a random freeze system is still running and even the mouse still responds. But the screen is frozen and the only solution is a restart. I already regret selling my old 560ti which worked perfectly. This card shouldn't be on the recommended purchase list, as long as there is no fix for this.

It's not a faulty hadware - Furmark stresstesting under Windows and heavy gaming for hours with no problem. It's an issue with some 660ti and OSX 10.8

Hi !

Somebody can confirm if your GTX 660 Ti is loading whit the Open GL 3,2 or only 2,1 in OpenGL extensions Viewer App ?

In my case is loading only 2,1

Attachments

• 660ti_gl_report.jpg
    660ti_gl_report.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 228
Here's a question, but maybe you can't answer it since it seems to differ from everyone else's experience with the 660 TI. Dual monitors aren't working natively for me like they seem to be for everyone else.

This is my setup:
A Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Motherboard
An Nvidia 660Ti Graphics card
An Intel i5 3570K CPU

The problem is I can't get dual monitors to work on my 660 Ti card.
I installed the NVIDIA Fermi >2GB Open CL patch
I installed the NVIDIA 670/680/690 Support patch
I have installed 10.8.2
The Nvidia Geforce/Quadro drivers
The Nvidia Cuda drivers

But I still can't get a second monitor plugged into my graphics card to come on.
If I just have my HDMI cord attached and boot everything boots fine.
If I just have my DVI-I cord attached and boot everything boots fine. If I plug in the HDMI and the DVI at the same time it just boots to a white screen on the HDMI side and does nothing on the DVI side. But if I boot on the DVI and then plug the HDMI in afterwards, they will both show up.

I have my bios display settings set to "peg" (vs. IGFX or PCI)

What am I doing wrong? Seems strange that it works for everyone but me.
Please advise.

Hi !

Somebody can confirm if your GTX 660 Ti is loading whit the Open GL 3,2 or only 2,1 in OpenGL extensions Viewer App ?

In my case is loading only 2,1

Same here. OpenGL 4 is all 0%.

Good catch. Any fix ideas? A quick search tells mountain lion should run 3.2 but I'm no authority on this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 17.14.25.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 17.14.25.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 229
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back