Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plugin type is there! perfect! This way you are also able to enject the vector frequency.

Thats the thing everything is correct from what I can tell but still reporting 0 of
machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count and machdep.xcpm.mode

I have messaged Piker but he is understandably busy right now.

I always buy the top end Gigabyte boards and have never really had an issue with sleep after 10.10.X, sleep and everything else was working with the x99 Ultra Gaming in El Capitan as well. I always do a clean install though after every new OS release.

What you mean by Install Opti?

Hmmmm... so the only way why sleep/wake could fail is CloverALC and Clover HDMI?

What about your unlocked mobo BIOS? I think it could be a better reason for sleep/wake working in your case. Don't you think so?

Opti as in OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, Also is BIOS I have all Cstates, EIST, Thermal, C1E set to auto. I believe it is the motherboard that is the difference. One other thing you can check is to see if Platform Power Management in Bios is off (Disabled), Have you tried to remove Clover ALC and HDMI? I do not have that in my setup.

Opti as in OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, Also is BIOS I have all Cstates, EIST, Thermal, C1E set to auto. I believe it is the motherboard that is the difference. One other thing you can check is to see if Platform Power Management in Bios is off (Disabled), Have you tried to remove Clover ALC and HDMI? I do not have that in my setup.

ahhh ok! No I have not tried to remove clover ALC and HDMI yet. There are other people with the ASUS X99-A II, working with AppleHDA. Does sleep/wake work in your case???? Can somebody report on that?

But what about your mobo BIOS? Is it unlocked or not?

ahhh ok! No I have not tried to remove clover ALC and HDMI yet. There are other people with the ASUS X99-A II, working with AppleHDA. Does sleep/wake work in your case???? Cam somebody report on that?

I just remembered having a board (don't remember the model, it was a bottom of the line x97 GB board that I was going to use as a HTPC) that would not go into sleep because USB would not eject, after correcting that sleep worked. Have you checked USB in system profiler?

Let me know if anything else helps your out, I will probably make a guide linking to yours for my Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming, no sense in remaking a perfectly working guide (yours) I will just posted my board specific files in my guide, after they follow your guide they can just replace the required files from my guide.

Cheers

Yes please, do not copy my guide. It is a good idea to post your board specific settings and your results and refer to my guide for anything else. Of course you could post your board specific settings also here and I would implement these settings in my guide by acknowledging your contribution of course! Up to you... ;)

E.g., the AppleHDA audio method is certainly missing in my guide apart from VoodooHDA and clover ALC and HDMI. If you could write e.g. some brief guide how to make it work, I would implement it and officially state that it is your contribution. By the way, does HDMI also work with this method?

Last edited:
I just remembered having a board (don't remember the model, it was a bottom of the line x97 GB board that I was going to use as a HTPC) that would not go into sleep because USB would not eject, after correcting that sleep worked. Have you checked USB in system profiler?

What do I have to check exactly?

That all USB ports are showing correct speeds and values, basically make sure your USB is fully functioning.

I do not see a specific USB2.0 entry, although the USB2.0 ports work.. The rest looks fine, don't you think so?

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 23.42.18.png

Well we are passing midnight here in Germany and I will jump to bed as soon as possible. @hooked, I think we had some first interesting exchange and we produced a lot of material, ideas and reports to be read and discussed also by others. Maybe we will receive some further input from other friends in this board and thread during the next hours and days. I would appreciate it much. Let us stay in touch during the weekend. There might be a few more things to be discussed and thought in between us. Just write me with anything that still comes to your mind and I will reply tomorrow! I also will address further upcoming doubts, questions and ideas to you, if necessary.

Many thanks for the already very interesting exchange of ideas in the meanwhile! Cheers, KGP :thumbup:

Well we are passing midnight here in Germany and I will jump to bed as soon as possible. @hooked, I think we had some first interesting exchange and we produced a lot of material, ideas and reports to be read and discussed also by others. Maybe we will receive some further input from other friends in this board and thread during the next hours and days. I would appreciate it much. Let us stay in touch during the weekend. There might be a few more things to be discussed and thought in between us. Just write me with anything that still comes to your mind and I will reply tomorrow! I also will address further upcoming doubts, questions and ideas to you, if necessary.

Many thanks for the already very interesting exchange of ideas in the meanwhile! Cheers, KGP :thumbup:

You got it buddy, we'll keep in touch I will try to think of a few more ideas.

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back