Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everybody,

For my next build (mod) I want to make an HTPC so I am wondering which thin mini ITX will be easely hackintoshed, if any of you have some infos about it, I'll appreciate it!

Thank you!

[EDIT: forgot to mention that i'm looking for Haswell mobo]

The CustoMac Mini build in the tonymacx86 Buyers Guide is a good place to start. But, since the ITX motherboard has only one PCIe slot, you have to trade off a graphics card or a wireless card. The on-board Intel Integrated Graphics HD4600 may not give you good enough picture through the on-board HDMI connector. So, you might need a graphics card. Either way, you'll need to modify the audio driver to get HDMI audio. See the HDMI Audio forum section for more information.

BTW, the GA-H87N's WIFI is not compatible with OS X. So, if you want to use Wifi for your HTPC, you'll need to use either a PCIe Wifi card like the TP-Link or a USB 3.0 Wife Adapter such as the Edimax Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter (EW-7822UAC). There are trade offs for all these ITX size motherboards. I use a mATX motherboard in a Silverstone GD06B HTPC Case which is about the size of my A/V receiver and looks like a power amp in my audio stand. So, I didn't have to make the trade offs which you'll have to do with an ITX motherboard.

Thanks Stork.

Of course I already checked the Buyer's guide advice, but these are Mini ITX, not Thin Mini ITX, and as I am looking for Thin Mini ITX for modding in some very little spaces (cube, iMac G4, for exemple) I'd like to have a Thin Mini ITX

For Audio & Graphics & WiFi & Bluetooth I already figured it out, using anothe mini Pcie WiFi, USB dongle for bluetooth, integrated graphics (4600 is enough for web browsing, mail, & mkv), USB audio card for the Audio or HDMI audio will also be taken in account

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back