Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt Display - USB, Mic, Speaker and Webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely the SSDT is missing HS01 and HS02.
Which SSDT?

This is what Hackintool shows after a reboot and everything is working:

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 2.34.58 PM.png

My bet is you’ve got the pin orientation upside down. Let us know what you find.
I have the pin closest to the top of the card connected to the middle pin. It shows up in BIOS at cold start, so it must be powering on.

I have the pin closest to the top of the card connected to the middle pin. It shows up in BIOS at cold start, so it must be powering on.
You're probably set correctly and @CaseySJ is probably most right.

But to explain my logic, I was hunting down it being backwards because the thunderbolt monitor would be seen by the bios because it was powered on prior to boot which would power the card. Then comes opencore and macOS. The thought was maybe it was partial by some means.

Picture for illustration just in case. I'll back off and let yall party on.

pins.jpg

Last edited:
Which SSDT?

This is what Hackintool shows after a reboot and everything is working:

View attachment 560856
HS01 and HS02 are missing from XHC3, which is the Thunderbolt USB controller. These need to be defined in the Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT. We can download a new one from HackinDROM website.

HS01 and HS02 are missing from XHC3, which is the Thunderbolt USB controller. These need to be defined in the Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT. We can download a new one from HackinDROM website.
I'm confused, the Gigabyte GC-Titan SSDT only include SSP1 and SSP2. What am I missing here?

I'm confused, the Gigabyte GC-Titan SSDT only include SSP1 and SSP2. What am I missing here?
The two USB-C ports on GC-Titan Ridge support both USB 3 and USB 2:
  • SS01 is USB 3 on port 1
  • SS02 is USB 3 on port 2
  • HS01 is USB 2 on port 1
  • HS02 is USB 2 on port 2

Without HS01 and HS02, we won’t be able to connect USB 2 devices.

The two USB-C ports on GC-Titan Ridge support both USB 3 and USB 2:
  • SS01 is USB 3 on port 1
  • SS02 is USB 3 on port 2
  • HS01 is USB 2 on port 1
  • HS02 is USB 2 on port 2

Without HS01 and HS02, we won’t be able to connect USB 2 devices.
Interesting. Could I peek at yours? Mine only has SP01, and SP02. If not I can probably edit.

Thats where I pulled it from. I'll investigate more. Hey, have a good vacation!
Do you see HS01 and HS02 in that SSDT? We may need to connect USB headers on GC-Titan Ridge to USB headers on motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back