Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched this thread I never saw anyone state if the optical out or s/pdif out were working. I cant get the motherboard s/pdif to work (works in windows) and the optical TOS out works until waking from sleep, then it no longer functions. I've tried the latest multibeast as of 4/16/14:
Driver > RealTtek ALCXXX > Without DSDT > ALC892
No, no one has tried S/PDIF on this motherboard running OS X in this thread. Unfortunately, I don't have the capability to test it. So I recommend you post your issue in the Audio forum section.

Hello, I am going to replicate your build but with a Xeon E3-1230 v3 and MSI GTX 760.
Should the Xeon work anyway? the mobo supports it, Mavericks too?

If you don't know, could at least guess for me? you have far more experience than I have.

Also, I plan to put a second SSD for Win 8.1, to keep it separate from Mavericks. This should be fine too, right?

Thanks

Apologies if this has been covered in the 64 pages of this thread. I've had a well functioning hackintosh based on Z87MX-D3H and i5-4570. Upgraded to F6 bios and now it won't boot past the apple logo screen. Will boot with -x flag. I re-applied MultiBeast settings in this thread but still no boot. Any suggestions how to proceed?

Is Vt-d disabled in the BIOS?
Doh, it wasn't. XHCI also needed to be disabled.

What needs to be enabled in order for iStat menus to start reading CPU temps? Yet something else that broke with F6 BIOS upgrade and subsequent reapplying of MB.

..XHCI also needed to be disabled...
You have XHCI mode on Smart Auto or Auto in the BIOS, otherwise your USB 3's won't work correctly.

Just a note that I applied the Security Update 2014-002 with no issues whatsoever, using the straight Software Update approach. I would generally wait until I saw instructions or confirmations from others, but honestly, this build works so well I kind of forgot it was a hackintosh and I should be careful until the reboot screen came up - and quietly swore at my own stupidity. But no problems whatsoever. YMMV.

I also vaguely regret that I forgot to check the uptime before restarting - since resolving the memory issues/occasional freezes I was having before (discussion in this thread earlier), I've only restarted for 'good reasons' (updates, certain installs, etc) and 'no choice' reasons (power failures). Machine runs 24/7 with no issues.

You have XHCI mode on Smart Auto or Auto in the BIOS, otherwise your USB 3's won't work correctly.
Thanks, updated XHCI back to Smart Auto. A question about bluetooth - I have IOGear 4.0 adapter recommended in the buyer's guide. It's plugged into USB hub on my Dell monitor. I find that Bluetooth doesn't consistently connect to Magic Trackpad, forcing me to use a wired mouse to move the cursor around and manually connect via bluetooth icon. Is this a problem other people ran into? Sometimes BT works and sometimes it doesn't after boot or waking from sleep. Very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back