Contribute
Register

Trouble installing macOS Monterey.

Motherboard
Laptop > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i3-370M / HM55
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics
Hello. I'm trying to install on my Emachines E732Z laptop with an Intel Core i3 370M processor and Intel HD Graphics macOS Monterey using the OpenCore bootloader and its configuration that was able to install macOS Catalina on this laptop. However, when conda loads the installer, when you select Disk Utility, it does not see the hard drive, only the flash drive. Please, what can be done? The apfs.efi driver is present.

Hello. I'm trying to install on my Emachines E732Z laptop with an Intel Core i3 370M processor and Intel HD Graphics macOS Monterey using the OpenCore bootloader and its configuration that was able to install macOS Catalina on this laptop. However, when conda loads the installer, when you select Disk Utility, it does not see the hard drive, only the flash drive. Please, what can be done? The apfs.efi driver is present.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

apfs.efi is not required with opencore

Link to laptop guide:

laptop with an Intel Core i3 370M processor and Intel HD Graphics
This CPU's Intel HD iGPU from 2010 was just before the macOS supported Core "i" series integrated Intel graphics. So I really doubt it will work with macOS. The Core 2 Duos before this worked but those had literally "onboard" graphics on the physical motherboard. So i3-370M is similar to the iGPU you'd get in Pentium or Celeron desktop CPUs. Well known that those don't work with any macOS version.

The first Intel iGPU to get support in Macs was HD 3000 in 2011. That could work with Monterey with a lot of patching but is not recommended either. In that scenario something like High Sierra would work well.

Last edited:
Intel HD iGPU этого процессора с 2010 года был незадолго до того, как серия Core «i» интегрировала графику Intel. Так что я очень сомневаюсь, что это будет работать с macOS. Core 2 Duos до этого работал, но у них была буквально «встроенная» графика на физической материнской плате. Таким образом, i3-370M похож на iGPU, который вы получаете в настольных процессорах Pentium или Celeron. Хорошо известно, что они не работают ни с одной версией macOS.
Catalina runs with full graphics acceleration.

on:
there is a section called:
Arrandale/1st gen Intel HD

also opencore legacy patcher may help

also later versions of macOS require AVX2 CPU instructions

also later versions of macOS require AVX2 CPU instructions
This is why it's best to have at least Haswell HD4400/4600 iGPU for Monterey. Makes hackintoshing much easier.

Back