Code:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1 alcid=1</string>

your motherboard will tell you what audio codec you have in the form of ALC****

Thank you!

I'm still not having success though.

I have determined my motherboard uses Realtek ALC1220.

The available layout numbers are quite a lot!

Looking at the info.plist comments on the 'supported codecs' page you linked, I have a feeling that number "1" should have worked, as it seems to match the inputs/outputs I have on motherboard - but it didn't.

I tried 2, 3, 5, 7. I then tried 27 & 30, only because I noticed that they are related in some way to Z370 chipset in the info.plist.

I thought I'd better check in before cycling through the remaining 17 numbers to try, I have a feeling it would be a waste of time, I feel as if there's something else going on.

I have snapped some photos of my desktop. Could it be related to the VoodooHDA somehow, which I seem to have at one point installed but doesn't seem to be doing anything? How do I remove anything that might be interfering and get back to a basic AppleHDA kext?

IMG_1410-Copy.jpg

IMG_1422-Copy.jpg

Photo-2023-05-01-11.08.58-am-Copy.jpg

It seems to me I tried various different things before just to get my Scarlett to function, maybe without enabling audio onboard properly via motherboard?

Thanks for the help again.

Thank you!

I'm still not having success though.

I have determined my motherboard uses Realtek ALC1220.

The available layout numbers are quite a lot!

Looking at the info.plist comments on the 'supported codecs' page you linked, I have a feeling that number "1" should have worked, as it seems to match the inputs/outputs I have on motherboard - but it didn't.

I tried 2, 3, 5, 7. I then tried 27 & 30, only because I noticed that they are related in some way to Z370 chipset in the info.plist.

I thought I'd better check in before cycling through the remaining 17 numbers to try, I have a feeling it would be a waste of time, I feel as if there's something else going on.

I have snapped some photos of my desktop. Could it be related to the VoodooHDA somehow, which I seem to have at one point installed but doesn't seem to be doing anything? How do I remove anything that might be interfering and get back to a basic AppleHDA kext?

View attachment 566268

View attachment 566267

View attachment 566266

It seems to me I tried various different things before just to get my Scarlett to function, maybe without enabling audio onboard properly via motherboard?

Thanks for the help again.
you would only use AppleALC (recommended) or VoodooHDA (if you are unable to get AppleALC.kext working)

in terminal do this command and copy and paste the result here:

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

you would only use AppleALC (recommended) or VoodooHDA (if you are unable to get AppleALC.kext working)

in terminal do this command and copy and paste the result here:

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Here is the result:-

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8fc7b20a20 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8fc7a8f2c0 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8fc7a6c750 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8fc7a4a3a0 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8fc7a6ba50 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/XHCI-200-series-injector.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.200-series-XHCI" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8fc7a65ab0 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
KernelCache ID: 4752E60BBD209C8D8738E1FBEB729EA4
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc8839718d0 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/NIUSBGuitarRigMobile.kext/", ID = "com.caiaq.driver.NIUSBGuitarRigMobileDriver" }
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/IKStealthPedalDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc883fab190 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportLeopard.kext/", ID = "com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.leopard" }
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportTiger.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc883fb02a0 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportPanther.kext/", ID = "com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.panther" }
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/IKStompIO1Driver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc88414e0b0 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/NIUSBAudioDriver.kext/", ID = "com.caiaq.driver.NIUSBHardwareDriver" }
/Library/Extensions/Line6Audio.kext does not appear in strict exception list for architecture: x86_64
Kext with invalid signatured (-67007) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc884177a80 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Line6Audio.kext/", ID = "com.line6.driver.xtaudio" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc88417fd40 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fc884195130 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/", ID = "org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc88419b450 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc8841a13f0 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/XHCI-200-series-injector.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.200-series-XHCI" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc8841a20f0 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc8841c4c60 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc8842563c0 [0x7fff8dc07c30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

Here is the result:-
remove your hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions and make sure they are in your EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder

delete VoodooHDA.kext

remove your hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions and make sure they are in your EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder

delete VoodooHDA.kext

I have some progress - thank you!!! I'm still not hearing anything throught the HDMI cable though. Here's a pic of what outputs I now have:-

IMG_1428 - Copy.jpeg

Here's the sudo command run again after moving kexts over to the correct location (not sure if I've missed any):-

KernelCache ID: B6E94775C2C1E7E52768023DA89D03A3
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd68217c080 [0x7fff8a28cc30]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/NIUSBGuitarRigMobile.kext/", ID = "com.caiaq.driver.NIUSBGuitarRigMobileDriver" }
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/IKStealthPedalDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd6827b53f0 [0x7fff8a28cc30]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportLeopard.kext/", ID = "com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.leopard" }
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportTiger.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd6827b9880 [0x7fff8a28cc30]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportPanther.kext/", ID = "com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.panther" }
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/IKStompIO1Driver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd684158590 [0x7fff8a28cc30]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/NIUSBAudioDriver.kext/", ID = "com.caiaq.driver.NIUSBHardwareDriver" }
/Library/Extensions/Line6Audio.kext does not appear in strict exception list for architecture: x86_64
Kext with invalid signatured (-67007) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd684185390 [0x7fff8a28cc30]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Line6Audio.kext/", ID = "com.line6.driver.xtaudio" }

So, the question is what do I do next?

Do I need to do the framebuffer part?

Or is there no HDMI support via graphics card, but rather only through motherboard HDMI slot? Hmm...

I have some progress - thank you!!! I'm still not hearing anything throught the HDMI cable though. Here's a pic of what outputs I now have:-

View attachment 566313

Here's the sudo command run again after moving kexts over to the correct location (not sure if I've missed any):-

So, the question is what do I do next?

Do I need to do the framebuffer part?

Or is there no HDMI support via graphics card, but rather only through motherboard HDMI slot? Hmm...
framebuffer is only for intel, should not be required for nvidia hdmi

you could try setting ResetHDA to true in your config.plist:

framebuffer is only for intel, should not be required for nvidia hdmi

you could try setting ResetHDA to true in your config.plist:

I totally forgot when I replied that I had still aclid=5... so I began to cycle through the numbers again. I still have no HDMI out, but 2 new 'line out' audio output entries appear on certain numbers, and on one aclid setting it appeared 3 times. There's no audio when I point VLC to these devices though. The numbers I've tried so far are:- 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 27, 30.

I did ResetHDA to true, but doesn't seem to have changed anything. It seems I have no option now but the cycle through every single aclid number and cross my fingers that one of them is correct. I'm still wondering if my HDMI cable needs to be connected to motherboard HMDI slot rather than graphics card HDMI slot (which it is connected to currently), due to the part in the guide which mentions "Nvidia: NVCAP configures all connectors. no macOS support for 2x HDMI".

I will report back once I have cycled through every single possible aclid number, unless you have any other suggestions... The possible numbers are 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 34, 35, 98, 99, 100. So it might take a while!!!

Last edited:
I totally forgot when I replied that I had still aclid=5... so I began to cycle through the numbers again. I still have no HDMI out, but 2 new 'line out' audio output entries appear on certain numbers, and on one aclid setting it appeared 3 times. There's no audio when I point VLC to these devices though. The numbers I've tried so far are:- 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 27, 30.

I did ResetHDA to true, but doesn't seem to have changed anything. It seems I have no option now but the cycle through every single aclid number and cross my fingers that one of them is correct. I'm still wondering if my HDMI cable needs to be connected to motherboard HMDI slot rather than graphics card HDMI slot (which it is connected to currently), due to the part in the guide which mentions "Nvidia: NVCAP configures all connectors. no macOS support for 2x HDMI".

I will report back once I have cycled through every single possible aclid number, unless you have any other suggestions... The possible numbers are 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 34, 35, 98, 99, 100. So it might take a while!!!
if you want to use your intel onboard graphics, then you plug the hdmi cable from monitor to motherboard and then setup the framebuffer patches

or just use hdmi from monitor to nvidia card and then the speakers on your monitor should just work

if you want to use your intel onboard graphics, then you plug the hdmi cable from monitor to motherboard and then setup the framebuffer patches

or just use hdmi from monitor to nvidia card and then the speakers on your monitor should just work

Hi Feartech!

I've just had unexpected success!

Instead of cycling through all the possible layout ID's, I remembered about the Hackintool and where I got up to under Method 2 in the Lilu Idiots guide, before getting stumped by trying to run VoodooALC unnecesarily. I could see that it seemed to hint strongly that layout 7 was the correct one, so I set it and generated the patch, copied and pasted into the relevent section in clover config file.

Reboot and I can see HDMI output as available (all the other line-outs and optical seems to have disappeared, but I don't mind since it's only the HDMI one I really want).

A MASSIVE Thank You! At the very least I feel like I owe you a beer.

Hi Feartech!

I've just had unexpected success!

Instead of cycling through all the possible layout ID's, I remembered about the Hackintool and where I got up to under Method 2 in the Lilu Idiots guide, before getting stumped by trying to run VoodooALC unnecesarily. I could see that it seemed to hint strongly that layout 7 was the correct one, so I set it and generated the patch, copied and pasted into the relevent section in clover config file.

Reboot and I can see HDMI output as available (all the other line-outs and optical seems to have disappeared, but I don't mind since it's only the HDMI one I really want).

A MASSIVE Thank You! At the very least I feel like I owe you a beer.
glad you got it sorted! :)

the applealc is really for your internal speakers :)

Back