Contribute
Register

update to monterey on OpenCore Legacy

Motherboard
iMac14.2
CPU
Intel > Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
Nvidia > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
Hello! Sorry for my English. Can help me with update to monterey on OpenCore Legacy. I have imac 27-inch 2012 (iMac14.2) with two disk (256 ssd native and 3tb sata).

Imac work on Catalina (latest support to it) and I use OpenCore Legacy to update to Bigsur 11.2.1 and all was perfectly. I am not use this imac. I receive it back on freeze boot about 30% ( I think imac was updated to newest version on BigSur on Monterey). I try use bootable usb BigSur 11.2.1 created by OCL (open core legacy) but it not load (stuck about 70-80%). I user original bootable usb with Catalina and it not boot too.

Use another macbook air 2012 and created bootable usb with Ventura by OCL. Connect to imac and it load, I deleted disk (with all partition) and start clear install. Install was freeze on last stage. Thats all..

Now, no one native bootload mac (monterey / mojave / sierra / high sierra) not load. Load only bootable OCL Monterey USB and I can use terminal. Windows 10 was successfully installed from usb.

I try use usb hub 2.0, usb disk 2.0, connect usb mouse and keyboard. Result the same.

From macbook air 2012 I copy EFI partition and dump nvram variables. Write it to my imac (by target mode disk). No one result.

Internet recovery not work too ( last version and factory version). Stack on load about 70%.

Using verbose mode on installing OCL Monterey I see error with AppleUSB20HubPort / AppleUserHIDEventDriver closed.

Try copy EFI partition from OCL bootable Monterey to my imac SSD disk, not show bootable devices.

I see need do port mapping. How it can be do from non working iMac?

Can please help? Or how can restore native Catalina mosOS?

Hello! Sorry for my English. Can help me with update to monterey on OpenCore Legacy. I have imac 27-inch 2012 (iMac14.2) with two disk (256 ssd native and 3tb sata).

Imac work on Catalina (latest support to it) and I use OpenCore Legacy to update to Bigsur 11.2.1 and all was perfectly. I am not use this imac. I receive it back on freeze boot about 30% ( I think imac was updated to newest version on BigSur on Monterey). I try use bootable usb BigSur 11.2.1 created by OCL (open core legacy) but it not load (stuck about 70-80%). I user original bootable usb with Catalina and it not boot too.

Use another macbook air 2012 and created bootable usb with Ventura by OCL. Connect to imac and it load, I deleted disk (with all partition) and start clear install. Install was freeze on last stage. Thats all..

Now, no one native bootload mac (monterey / mojave / sierra / high sierra) not load. Load only bootable OCL Monterey USB and I can use terminal. Windows 10 was successfully installed from usb.

I try use usb hub 2.0, usb disk 2.0, connect usb mouse and keyboard. Result the same.

From macbook air 2012 I copy EFI partition and dump nvram variables. Write it to my imac (by target mode disk). No one result.

Internet recovery not work too ( last version and factory version). Stack on load about 70%.

Using verbose mode on installing OCL Monterey I see error with AppleUSB20HubPort / AppleUserHIDEventDriver closed.

Try copy EFI partition from OCL bootable Monterey to my imac SSD disk, not show bootable devices.

I see need do port mapping. How it can be do from non working iMac?

Can please help? Or how can restore native Catalina mosOS?
i have moved your post to iMac support

Thanks. Maybe someone have idea what I can do.

Thanks. Maybe someone have idea what I can do.
you wouldn't need to do usb port mapping on a real mac

best bet is to create a usb installer, the version of macos that came with your mac and boot from that if you are unable to boot into recovery properly

Thats problem.
No one original usb installer not load, it freeze about 70-80% of load. I wait 1 hour and no result. I try Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.
And can not see log of load usb installer.

Thats problem.
No one original usb installer not load, it freeze about 70-80% of load. I wait 1 hour and no result. I try Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.
And can not see log of load usb installer.
does it reach recovery?

Recovery not load (OCLP Monterey not work)

Internet recovery not load too (Latest version and Factory version). Freeze the same
BootRom Version - 433.140.2.0.0

Sorry, problem with Video Card. Need replace it

Back