Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im planning on upgrading my screen to the B156HW01 V.7 Glossy. I have a 4530s with the i5 2410m and 6470m. From what I understand, thanks to you all of course :clap: , is that ill need the dual link patch in my dsdt.

Ive seen the dsdt for the non dedicated graphics in here, but i dont think ive seen one for the dedicated graphics.

So do I need to patch my dsdt? or is the installer going to magically solve my problem once my screen arives.

randomhm said:
After a long few hours I have finally managed to upgrade to 1080p! Thanks to all the people that have worked on this project and also to those who helped me out with my questions!

The B156HW01 V.4 screen is awesome and have to say the picture quality is a very close match to that of my Dell IPS monitor which I have.

Anyone in the UK or Europe who is interested in this particular pannel, i got it from requireit. There contact details are on http://www.requireit.co.uk/ and they also sell the same panel on their ebay store.

average Joe will not see the advantage, and the 2x the price of a B2 LCD is not wort it.
I would get it if I could find one for max 80-90 EUR w/ shipping. the LCD shop in US wants $146 w/ shipping to EU!!!

blueking said:
You can just use the 4730s dsdt for that.
Awsome! Thank you, the screen should be here by friday. Ill take before and after photos to prove how washed out the stock screen truely is... :mrgreen:

dropdeadike said:
blueking said:
Awsome! Thank you, the screen should be here by friday. Ill take before and after photos to prove how washed out the stock screen truely is... :mrgreen:

did you order the exact model from AOU or equivalent?
equivalents are most LG and not as "good" as AOU.
I'll order one but can't find the V.4 for about 90 EURO all what I can find is about 150 EUR and compatible equivalent for 80-90 EUR.

Now I'm curious how the glossy (V.7) one is because I opt for matte (V.4)

Well for those who ask if the AUO screen is good or worth its money etc, well, if you know about screens you should know that its price is really low for such an awesome screen. If you have doubts about spending a little more money go for an LG equivalent and enjoy.
I would suggest an IPS monitor too, but I was told that IPS monitors are only shipped with specific laptops and are not shared to LCD suppliers. If somebody knows a 1080p/900p IPS screen from a 15.6'' laptop that would fit in our 4530s he can post it here so other people can take advantage.

Just note that when you purchase a screen for an LCD supplier and you wan to buy specific model you must look for the word EXACT number. Otherwise a compatible screen will be send, and not the original screen asked.

There is also a youtube video on how to change the screen cable.

timohour said:
Just note that when you purchase a screen for an LCD supplier and you wan to buy specific model you must look for the word EXACT number. Otherwise a compatible screen will be send, and not the original screen asked.

yeah that's what I mean and asking every supplier if they ship EXACT, most ship compatible equivalent, I call it BS they just wasting my time.
Few in UK have it but about 120 EUR, will see I may jump on it.

timohour said:
There is also a youtube video on how to change the screen cable.

I saw one youtube video whey some guy (also here posted link) was changing the LCD and with a screwdriver removing the hinge cover and damaging the plastic/aluminum around the hinge on the top cover, sad, very sad. I think it was a 4430s

xequtor said:
dropdeadike said:
blueking said:

did you order the exact model from AOU or equivalent?
equivalents are most LG and not as "good" as AOU.
I'll order one but can't find the V.4 for about 90 EURO all what I can find is about 150 EUR and compatible equivalent for 80-90 EUR.

Now I'm curious how the glossy (V.7) one is because I opt for matte (V.4)
I ordered the exact B156HW01 v.4 from laptopscreen.com. I PM'd the guy on this forum from there and opened a help ticket on the website inquiring about that screen and the B156HW01 v.7.

I was informed that they have the v.4 in stock and ship that exact model number, while the v.7 they DO NOT have in stock and ship the compatible LG screen.

You can get the v.4 http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/screen-part-number/B156HW01~V.4/
Im a designer myself and the first time i brought up photoshop on the stock screen I almost trashed this computer in anger. Blue was PURPLE!! :evil: :problem: :lolno:

So im really looking forward to this upgrade! :mrgreen:

So the screen is in, and looks AMAZING compared to the stock screen. Installation went by like a breeze thanks to detailed guides by timohour and HP. took me maybe 1 1/2 hours.

There is one issue that im running into though... I no longer have functioning WiFi in OSX or Windows 7. The device shows up and appears to be working normal, but it wont find or join any networks, on either side.

I checked the card and plugged in as normal. Both antenna wires are plugged in as normal. It just refuses to find or join any network. :banghead:

It was working perfectly fine before i did the screen install, so i honestly have no clue.

dropdeadike said:
So the screen is in, and looks AMAZING compared to the stock screen. Installation went by like a breeze thanks to detailed guides by timohour and HP. took me maybe 1 1/2 hours.

There is one issue that im running into though... I no longer have functioning WiFi in OSX or Windows 7. The device shows up and appears to be working normal, but it wont find or join any networks, on either side.

I checked the card and plugged in as normal. Both antenna wires are plugged in as normal. It just refuses to find or join any network. :banghead:

It was working perfectly fine before i did the screen install, so i honestly have no clue.

If you press the WIFI button, it should find network.

Wifi button still work to UnPower/Power the WIFI card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back