Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
masso912 said:
dropdeadike said:
So the screen is in, and looks AMAZING compared to the stock screen. Installation went by like a breeze thanks to detailed guides by timohour and HP. took me maybe 1 1/2 hours.

There is one issue that im running into though... I no longer have functioning WiFi in OSX or Windows 7. The device shows up and appears to be working normal, but it wont find or join any networks, on either side.

I checked the card and plugged in as normal. Both antenna wires are plugged in as normal. It just refuses to find or join any network. :banghead:

It was working perfectly fine before i did the screen install, so i honestly have no clue.

If you press the WIFI button, it should find network.

Wifi button still work to UnPower/Power the WIFI card.

Ive been using the button to turn the wifi card on and off, that isnt my issue. I have a feeling i damaged the anttena some how. The wifi appears as it works, but wont successfully connect to any network. Itll try, but it wont succeed. :banghead:

sigh, i think ill end up resorting to a wifi thumb drive...

dropdeadike said:
Ive been using the button to turn the wifi card on and off, that isnt my issue. I have a feeling i damaged the anttena some how. The wifi appears as it works, but wont successfully connect to any network. Itll try, but it wont succeed. :banghead:

sigh, i think ill end up resorting to a wifi thumb drive...

did you disassemble again to see if something got damaged?
If you busted some cable or antenna then wont be expensive to replace it.

I took off the screen bezel again and found that the antenna cable had somehow gotten behind the screen... so i put it back in its place. It seems to be working now, but i picked up a usb wifi card just incase

Hey, I'm a long-time 4530s Hackintosher, I bought this laptop last August and it's been hack'd since then thanks to this site and blueking.

I'd just like to say that this screen upgrade is amazing. I got the B156HW01 V.4 and it is by far the best screen I've ever seen on any laptop. I'd say it matches the 30'' Apple Cinema Displays my university uses.

It took me about 5 hours. A helpful way to deal with all the screws is to get a piece of paper and put the screws in sections based on where they came from. Label your sections. And apply the DSDT patch before upgrading the screen!

I broke a couple plastic pieces and one of my hinges isn't on completely in-place, but the screen makes this too awesome for me to care at all!

Thanks for the instructions everyone!

if i dual boot my laptop with windows 7 alongside lion, what do i need to do to get my new screen working in windows? will it work automatically or do i need to install some specific drivers?

Nothing you have to do, it will work.

HP 4530s - 1080p Screen Upgrade

Hi Guys,

So did some extensive google-ing and noticed you can upgrade the screen to 1080p,
However, all the links provided are for the US (Astronomical Delivery costs for the UK)
Does anyone have any links for the screen (1920x1080) and the Replacement cable needed but from a UK Supplier!, Or can these be ordered from HP Direct?

Thanks

Rob

Re: HP 4530s - 1080p Screen Upgrade

There another topic for screen upgrade. There you will find your answers or you should post it there, no need for creating a new one.

Here it is if you cannot find it

Which parts do I need for the 1080p screen, I have the 4530s, 1366x768 with Webcam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back