Contribute
Register

UtterDisbelief Goes Small - NUC10 i5 UHD630 32GB

You.. you are dreaming......
Generally, Apple trials their stuff in Asia first....
Recently, I noticed a strange thing....... even the "free" programs in Apple store now require you to log in.
Which means you need to validate your account.

Further more, ANY free program you d/l using the store is TAGGED and CANNOT be updated or downloaded by another account holder.
This also ties into their "iCloud" data stealer...
So.... If you loose access to the store, you are screwed

Stay away from Edge & Chrome, and, if you use Office 365 or have a MS account , STAY AWAY from the Microsoft authenticater...

It has some very worrying network traffic......

You.. you are dreaming......
Generally, Apple trials their stuff in Asia first....
Recently, I noticed a strange thing....... even the "free" programs in Apple store now require you to log in.
Which means you need to validate your account.

Further more, ANY free program you d/l using the store is TAGGED and CANNOT be updated or downloaded by another account holder.
This also ties into their "iCloud" data stealer...
So.... If you loose access to the store, you are screwed

Stay away from Edge & Chrome, and, if you use Office 365 or have a MS account , STAY AWAY from the Microsoft authenticater...

It has some very worrying network traffic......

Hi there.

That is a separate topic, definitely worthy of discussion, but perhaps not here in a NUC build thread.

I think we all realise we've been lucky for the last decade or more, being able to run OS X / macOS on hardware other than Apple's.

Your points would be better posted in a separate thread in the appropriate forum for discussion, as you make some valid observations. :thumbup:

Back