Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

After I choose to INSTALL Ventura from the Open Core Boot Menu; I get the typical gazzillion or so messages but then it stops on one of two places...

The last messages read (in part) :

ifnet_attach: All kernel threads created for interface EN0 have been scheduled ...
ifnet_attach: All kernel threads created for interface EN1 have been scheduled ...

After many attempts there is a pattern where it will stop on either the EN0 line or the EN1 line. It stops mid-message

in my EFI I have KEXTs:

Lilu
VirtualSMC
IntelMausi
SMCProcessor
SMCSuperIO
AppleALC

I'm guessing that the particular LAN interface on this MB needs a particular KEXT.

All suggestions are most welcome.
thanks,
tony

FYI, I swapped out IntelMausi for IntelMausiEthernet.

Good News: it no longer gets stuck there.
Bad News: now it gets stuck beyond those lines.

There are many rows that contain:

com.apple.xpc.launchd <warning> failed lookup: name = {different names}

The lines end with:

error 3: No such process

But that last line always looks like it stopped mid-word.

Last edited:
Hi,

After I choose to INSTALL Ventura from the Open Core Boot Menu; I get the typical gazzillion or so messages but then it stops on one of two places...

The last messages read (in part) :

ifnet_attach: All kernel threads created for interface EN0 have been scheduled ...
ifnet_attach: All kernel threads created for interface EN1 have been scheduled ...

After many attempts there is a pattern where it will stop on either the EN0 line or the EN1 line. It stops mid-message

in my EFI I have KEXTs:

Lilu
VirtualSMC
IntelMausi
SMCProcessor
SMCSuperIO
AppleALC

I'm guessing that the particular LAN interface on this MB needs a particular KEXT.

All suggestions are most welcome.
thanks,
tony

FYI, I swapped out IntelMausi for IntelMausiEthernet.

Good News: it no longer gets stuck there.
Bad News: now it gets stuck beyond those lines.

There are many rows that contain:

com.apple.xpc.launchd <warning> failed lookup: name = {different names}

The lines end with:

error 3: No such process

But that last line always looks like it stopped mid-word.
take a pic where it hangs to post here, along with your zipped EFI

Its now consistently hanging after initializing the AHCI Controller as seen in the image.

Thanks for taking a look

Attachments

• 20240303_122530.jpg
    20240303_122530.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 3
  • EFI.zip
    1 MB · Views: 5
Its now consistently hanging after initializing the AHCI Controller as seen in the image.

Thanks for taking a look
iMac18,1 may be better for your Kabylake CPU

nvmefix.kext may help

also missing AppleALC.kext, although not important for installing, you are trying to use a boot argument and also PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) for some reason? only 1 option is required

whatevergreen.kext is also missing

Thanks ...

To make sure I undstans you are suggesting that I start fresh with a iMac18,1 base, and then add what I know I need PLUS the others you've suggested?

And as for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) for some reason? only 1 option is required

Are you suggesting that I only need the #1 entry in the PCILists shown below?

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 12.56.03 PM.png

Thanks ...

To make sure I undstans you are suggesting that I start fresh with a iMac18,1 base, and then add what I know I need PLUS the others you've suggested?

And as for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) for some reason? only 1 option is required

Are you suggesting that I only need the #1 entry in the PCILists shown below?

View attachment 579215
normally you would test each layout until you find one that works via boot argument

then make it more permanent by removing boot argument and using PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)
but this is for after you have installed macOS

OP, your signature indicates you are using a Kaby Lake system (Z270, 7th generation).

But your title indicates you are using a H470 motherboard (10th generation).

So please clarify : are you using the H470 or Z270 to install Ventura?

Good Morning, and thanks for getting involved !

I am sorry about that but this build is for a GIGABYTE H470M DS3H with a Core i5 10600K, and 32G RAM

I had another thread going elsewhere where I did include that info but failed to do so on this one !

So as for creating the OpenCore EFI -- I am using latest version of OpenCore and OCAuxiliaryTools app.

Which "base" would you recommend?

And it sounds like I need to (at the very least) include KEXTs:

IntelMausi.kext (this mobo has an Intel GbE Lan)
Lilu.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
AppleALC.kext
whatevergreen.kext

And DRIVERS:
HfsPlus.efi
OpenCanopy.efi
OpenRuntime.efi
ResetNvramEntry.efi

And TOOLS:
OpenShell.efi

latest EFI attempt attached. And it gets stuck at after "Initailizing the AHCI Controller..." There is a screen shot, above, in an earlier response

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1 MB · Views: 4
Hi,

I am returning this motherboard as it now seems to have other "issues" which may be related to my Open Core problems. This thread may be revived (or more like restarted) should I have any issues with the new mobo.

thanks,
tony

Good Morning, and thanks for getting involved !

I am sorry about that but this build is for a GIGABYTE H470M DS3H with a Core i5 10600K, and 32G RAM

I had another thread going elsewhere where I did include that info but failed to do so on this one !

So as for creating the OpenCore EFI -- I am using latest version of OpenCore and OCAuxiliaryTools app.

Which "base" would you recommend?

And it sounds like I need to (at the very least) include KEXTs:

IntelMausi.kext (this mobo has an Intel GbE Lan)
Lilu.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
AppleALC.kext
whatevergreen.kext

And DRIVERS:
HfsPlus.efi
OpenCanopy.efi
OpenRuntime.efi
ResetNvramEntry.efi

And TOOLS:
OpenShell.efi

latest EFI attempt attached. And it gets stuck at after "Initailizing the AHCI Controller..." There is a screen shot, above, in an earlier response
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Back