Motherboard
Gigabyte H270-HD3
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook
I am trying to install Ventura on my system, and it seems I can't get opencore to work. Selecting the installer it boots up, with the text log showing before it getting stuck on a black screen.
Currently using opencore-0.9.8 Debug version. My EFI and the bootlog is attached.

Attachments

• opencore-latest.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
  • EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
Thanks a lot, that managed to get me to the installer. Now I just need to figure out how to actually install it, since the installer claims my boot disk does not have enough space.
I tried to free up some using the terminal, where my boot volume uses up 113G measured with du -sh, but the installer says only 8Gigs are free, of a 250GB boot drive.

Thanks a lot, that managed to get me to the installer. Now I just need to figure out how to actually install it, since the installer claims my boot disk does not have enough space.
I tried to free up some using the terminal, where my boot volume uses up 113G measured with du -sh, but the installer says only 8Gigs are free, of a 250GB boot drive.

Do you have Windows installed in another partition on the same disk?

:)

Do you have Windows installed in another partition on the same disk?

:)
No, my windows install is on a partition on my HDD, not the SSD. It was an APFS snapshot that ate all the space. Which means I could have saved myself some rather time rm -r'ing stuff without any protection.

I can now launch the installer, however it restarts halfway through, sending me back to the start.

Edit: Looks like I have been just too impatient, with a few more restarts it now installed properly.

Attachments

• opencore-2024-05-08-055644.txt
  • opencore-2024-05-08-054532.txt
Last edited:
Back