MSI TF GTX 780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
More questions.

I have a Samsung Television as my second monitor, LG 24" LCD for my primary. On my previous store-bought mac pro tower, I had no problem playing fullscreen video on my TV when turning off my primary LCD(thereby negating unnecessary light in my periphery).

Now in my hack pro, using a Gtx 480 fully recognized in 10.6.8, whenever I play video on my second monitor it stutters every few seconds, a frame or two, and it's quite disrupting.

This is easily rectified with VLC, utilizing preferences to make all other monitors black on fullscreen, but I'd rather not do that as sometimes I multitask, sometimes I do not.

Thoughts?

I played around with a Samsung 27" tv as the monitor on my build and quit using it as a monitor. It's now in my bedroom where it functions nicely as a tv. I'm not saying it can't be made to work with a Hack, but it just seemed to be a constant headache. :banghead: It didn't like most of the resolutions offered by my video card and I never found a resolution that looked good on the screen. I think Samsung built a nice tv and sort of kludged some video ports onto the back panel...

Yes it's definitely a headache. Massive overscan and massive underscan with HDMI, this stuttering issue, and it's loud! Would love to have DVI on the back of it instead of HDMI and VGA.

Then again, it is what I have and it serves its purpose. At 720p it looks fine for its age. For the time being I will simply have to deal with it. Doesn't have the stuttering issue in WIN7 though...

Still haven't had any luck. I've just been switching the preference in VLC that makes other screens black when you are in full screen. Guess that's the way of the road for my rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back