HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Speaking of Retina and hi pixel density monitors. Looks like this stuff is just massively too expensive for now. Wonder if the iMacs will get such a resolution eventually?

viewsonicdsc03706.jpg

ViewSonic's 4K Res LED Monitor Prototype [3840 x 2160]
http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/05/view ... -hands-on/

Just by seeing the pic , i say :eek: that is way better than retina display.

hexxal said:
Just by seeing the pic , i say :eek: that is way better than retina display.

Wait, so by looking at a picture of a monitor displayed on your monitor you deemed this better? Do you also watch SD QVC on a 20 year old CRT and get blown away by the HD TVs they are selling?

No doubt this will be a fantastic screen, hell it better for $30k, but it still doesn't match the pixel density of Apple's Retina displays (of course color quality and such will be way better though, it is $30k). I'll be interested to see if they can fit this resolution in a 22in monitor.

how much is it? i mean people waste their money on a Apple Display at $999. If it's around there then i'd say this is a better deal. I would love a 32inch monitor.

axedye said:
how much is it? i mean people waste their money on a Apple Display at $999. If it's around there then i'd say this is a better deal. I would love a 32inch monitor.

If you look at the link they say it will cost as much as a new car, so figure $20k+

Yea I read that. Its hard to define what they truly mean by that. After some research though I understand that this monitor will be pretty expensive.

Another reason the price tag has so many zeroes is the 10-bit color depth. Most monitors can't even do 8-bit right.

32" is a little too small
I would love to have a 200dpi 42" monitor on my desk

ilovetv said:
32" is a little too small
I would love to have a 200dpi 42" monitor on my desk

In a few years we should have hires displays as the standard :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back