1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
itunes10logo.jpg

I dont hate it but I miss the colors, the app is too gray now :(
I dont mind the ikon, thats yust an icon.

svar said:

I totally agree on the gray icons- what a dumb decision- as with the non-Apple standard traffic light in the upper left. o_O

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 12.49.51 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 12.49.51 PM.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 269
tonymacx86 said:
svar said:

I totally agree on the gray icons- what a dumb decision- as with the non-Apple standard traffic light in the upper left. o_O

The non-standard window widgets are stupid. And it's rather bland looking now. Other than that, it still works just as great as it used to, so I'm happy.

I wish I had as smooth an experience. First thing I did was try to listen to a podcast and iTunes 10 immediately crashed. :p Not a fan of the 'grey' at all. :thumbdown:

Sticking with iTunes 9 for the timing being.

The initial iTunes 10 release broke most NASs music serving to Mac OS & Windows iTunes clients. The NASs use "mt-daapd" (or sometimes called FireFly) for which development has ceased. Several industrious individuals stepped in to patch the daapd varients for the different NASs, but Apple released 10.0.1 three weeks later and cleared up the problem. Lot's of PO'd folks on the Apple iTunes discussion board.

I'm still using iTunes 9 on my MBP because of my large iTune library that sync's with my two Apple TVs (1G). I'm waiting for iTunes 10.1 to be released to see if the NASs are affected.

Stork said:
The initial iTunes 10 release broke most NASs music serving to Mac OS & Windows iTunes clients. The NASs use "mt-daapd" (or sometimes called FireFly) for which development has ceased. Several industrious individuals stepped in to patch the daapd varients for the different NASs, but Apple released 10.0.1 three weeks later and cleared up the problem. Lot's of PO'd folks on the Apple iTunes discussion board.

I'm still using iTunes 9 on my MBP because of my large iTune library that sync's with my two Apple TVs (1G). I'm waiting for iTunes 10.1 to be released to see if the NASs are affected.

Wasn't it released today? :D

I love iTunes. I really like the new icon, although I wish that it were the same size (spherically) as the Safari icon that it sits next to.

Vendetta said:
Stork said:
The initial iTunes 10 release broke most NASs music serving to Mac OS & Windows iTunes clients...Apple released 10.0.1 three weeks later and cleared up the problem...I'm waiting for iTunes 10.1 to be released to see if the NASs are affected.

Yes, it was. Didn't know it at the time. However, once bitten, twice shy. So, I'm waiting to see if the two NAS forums I follow have any issues. The D-Link DNS-323 & Synology forums have been silent so far which is good news. I'll give the weekend before updating.

At Apple's Discussions Forums, the "Installing & Upgrading iTunes for Mac", several folks have had some serious issues - like their whole iTunes library disappearing. :banghead: Guess I'm in a wait & see mode.

Stork said:
Vendetta said:
Stork said:
The initial iTunes 10 release broke most NASs music serving to Mac OS & Windows iTunes clients...Apple released 10.0.1 three weeks later and cleared up the problem...I'm waiting for iTunes 10.1 to be released to see if the NASs are affected.

Yes, it was. Didn't know it at the time. However, once bitten, twice shy. So, I'm waiting to see if the two NAS forums I follow have any issues. The D-Link DNS-323 & Synology forums have been silent so far which is good news. I'll give the weekend before updating.

At Apple's Discussions Forums, the "Installing & Upgrading iTunes for Mac", several folks have had some serious issues - like their whole iTunes library disappearing. :banghead: Guess I'm in a wait & see mode.

I'll install and let you know how it goes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back