Register

Which RAM Speed is the better choice

Motherboard
ASUS Prime H510M-K
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
UHD 630
Is it better to have some extra headroom on the RAM speed compared to the intended RAM speed which is 2666 MHz to ensure that RAM is going to run at 2666 MHz without overclocking ? or just use a 2666 MHz RAM according to my CPU intel core i5 10400 supported speed, this CPU supports to maximum 2666 MHz

will 2666 MHz RAM give me more compatibility with the CPU and provide more RAM stability for hackintosh based system ?, or is it better to use a RAM which has higher RAM speed ?

Is it better to have some extra headroom on the RAM speed compared to the intended RAM speed which is 2666 MHz to ensure that RAM is going to run at 2666 MHz without overclocking ? or just use a 2666 MHz RAM according to my CPU intel core i5 10400 supported speed, this CPU supports to maximum 2666 MHz

will 2666 MHz RAM give me more compatibility with the CPU and provide more RAM stability for hackintosh based system ?, or is it better to use a RAM which has higher RAM speed ?
I don't think there is any significant benefit in using RAM with higher speeds when running MacOS (and Windows). At least that is my own experience. I use DDR4 2666 / 2400 / 2133 RAM myself in my systems.

The only time I choose higher rated RAM speeds is so that I can reuse the RAM in other systems that can take advantage of the higher speeds.

I don't think there is any significant benefit in using RAM with higher speeds when running MacOS (and Windows). At least that is my own experience. I use DDR4 2666 / 2400 / 2133 RAM myself in my systems.
there is
depending on your system
my rig is a 3970X and 256Gb of DDR4
I run it at 3600MHz with low timing
I tried some different frequency (lower) to test this DDR on my different use
and YES on this particular rig with high frequency and low timing I have better rendering time on program I use
is it significantly different: not really but when your computer work 24/7 yes in my case it is a good point

from 2666 to 2133 I don't think u can feel difference
but if at 2666 the stability is perfect: why not?

Back