Contribute
Register

X99 - 5930k - GTX970: IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachComplete(): PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-5930k
Graphics
Gigabyte 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Everyone,

I am fairly new at this and chose (for better or worse) to be a somewhat early adopter of the X99 chipset with an i7-5930k processor and gtx970. (Made drive with unibeast, added voodootscsync) I can get the drive to boot somewhat into the installer process (judging by -v) using the flags:

npci=0x2000 -v nv_disable=1 GE=No PCIRootUID=0,1,2,3,4,5

I get to a point where it says:

IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachComplete(): adding AppleEFINVRAM notification
after that the cursor returns one line and it just hangs there indefinitely.

Here is what it looks like:
IMG_20150128_225120.jpg

I am using a wifi card plugged into a PCI slot if that could possibly be the issue; it seems more likely to be and nvidia problem with what I've looked up so far and how close it is to the nvidia startup -v output.

What would you guys try? It seems people before me used the PCI root command and it worked but not for me... Also the -v output shows the nv_disable=1 flag working so I'm not really sure how it could be nvidia...

You're smart people :) ,
thanks.

Hello Everyone,

I am fairly new at this and chose (for better or worse) to be a somewhat early adopter of the X99 chipset with an i7-5930k processor and gtx970. (Made drive with unibeast, added voodootscsync) I can get the drive to boot somewhat into the installer process (judging by -v) using the flags:

npci=0x2000 -v nv_disable=1 GE=No PCIRootUID=0,1,2,3,4,5

I get to a point where it says:

IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachComplete(): adding AppleEFINVRAM notification
after that the cursor returns one line and it just hangs there indefinitely.

Here is what it looks like:
View attachment 124229

I am using a wifi card plugged into a PCI slot if that could possibly be the issue; it seems more likely to be and nvidia problem with what I've looked up so far and how close it is to the nvidia startup -v output.

What would you guys try? It seems people before me used the PCI root command and it worked but not for me... Also the -v output shows the nv_disable=1 flag working so I'm not really sure how it could be nvidia...

You're smart people :),
thanks.

80211 Controller Suggests a wifi card, try to disconnect it and see if u can start, then youll know for sure

80211 Controller Suggests a wifi card, try to disconnect it and see if u can start, then youll know for sure

Hi, thanks for your response, unfortunately it didn't work...

Now it gets stuck one line up at the bluetooth controller, so pulling the wifi adapter definitely changed something, but didn't get me any farther.

Thanks

I am am having a very similar problem with a GA-Z97X-UD3H and GeForce GTX 750 Ti.

Were you able to solve the problem?

Thanks

I am am having a very similar problem with a GA-Z97X-UD3H and GeForce GTX 750 Ti.

Were you able to solve the problem?

Thanks

What is the issue?

Have you tried to boot with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v" ??

Also update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website)

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Hi, thanks for your response, unfortunately it didn't work...

Now it gets stuck one line up at the bluetooth controller, so pulling the wifi adapter definitely changed something, but didn't get me any farther.

Thanks

Do you have a serial port connector on the mainboard? If so, disable it in UEFI - I had the same problem with my X99 build and disabling the serial port got me past the hangup at the BTController.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back